Chapter 5.9

Two months later

Talent show night. Xinyan wandered into the green room which was also the band room, they just stacked the chairs and stands to make room. Xinyan looked around the large room, being reminded of her competition. She saw Barba harmonizing and doing vocal warm-ups which suddenly made her realize she needed to do the same.

She stood up and did a few breathing exercises. While exhaling deeply, her eyes drifted over to the 2 of the four boys who were stretching and preparing. She didn’t know what the four were up to but she did feel nervous.

Other acts included kids performing instruments, one kid juggling, and a presentation on gravity which confused Xinyan on how that qualified but she shrugged it off. She gulped, moving onto note exercises, going through the pitches and notes, while her hand was on her diaphragm.

Rosaria was elsewhere, dealing with Barbra’s fans as she was still a bodyguard. But Xinyan didn’t worry much as the two plus Xiangling’s cousin who also played drums, have all been practicing.

Lost in her exercises and mild panic, Barbra’s voice stopped her.

“Oh hey Xinyan, do you mind if we both do the pitch exercises together, making sure we’re both on the pitch?” Barbra asked. Xinyan smiled lightly, nervous that Barbra was paying attention to her but also grateful for the offer.

“Oh yeah sure we’re both singers, we got to stick together hehe,” Xinyan said smoothly. Barba smiled and the two continued to work on their exercises and warm-up.

Elsewhere, Rosaria was dashing around the school trying to find her notes so she can remember and she sure she plays the right strings.

She had already searched Barbra’s locker, knowing the combination as her bodyguard and with Barbra’s trust. She checked a few classrooms of her to see if it might be there but so far none.

Next, she was stopping by her math classroom which was located at the far end of the school.

She dashed down the dimly lit hallways, using her leg muscles to move forward with all her might. She didn’t want to miss the beginning of the talent show in which Barbra would be performing first. she eventually made it to the math classroom, and she swings open the door.

“Thank Archons it’s open,” Rosaria thought, the possibility of the door being locked was very real and likely. As she peered inside the classroom, she comes to immediately regret.

“Xiao” Venti whimpers loudly, his face flushed as Xiao kissed his neck. Rosaria felt her face go up into flames, and was so caught off guard, she didn’t know what to do, simply freezing. She spends a moment, watching the two as they make out noisily. She felt very uncomfortable and awkward. Then she glances underneath the two hormonal bodies and realizes it was her notes. Seeing her notes, she was able to break through her wall of uncomfortableness and take command.

“HEY! GET OUT!” Rosaria yells, her eyes glowering, darkening, and her rage very visible.

“W-wait what!” Xiao exclaims, immediately embarrassed. He looks away from Rosaria, ashamed to even meet her eye.

“fucking cockblocker,” she hears Venti mumble, making her madder. Xiao elbows Venti, and then drags him out of the room, still not making eye contact with her.

“But Xiao-o-o-o,” Venti’s whines echo through the dimly lit hallways as Xiao dashes away with Venti in tow. Rosaria watched in distaste, then going to get her notes and head back.

“Archons, it’s all wrinkly. I hope there are no undesirable fluids on it,” Rosaria mumbles, annoyed at the horny couple. She headed out of the math classroom and down the dimly lit hallways, hoping to make it back in time.

As she was making her way back, she hears another voice in another unlocked classroom. Her ears prick, curious of the mysterious voice. It didn’t sound like any teacher she knew of at the school. Tip-toeing, she peeked through the classroom’s door, looking inside and hearing more of what the mysterious voice was saying.

“We’re going to need to isolate the students in the future, I’ll be checking out locations sooner or later,” Rosaria heard from the mysterious voice. She briefly looked in and saw a big blonde lady, not like any teacher at the school. Her skin was fair and pale, her eyes an icy blue. Her entire aura radiated cold and dangerous vibes. Rosaria felt a chill run down her spine, nervous for the unknown entity.

She would’ve stayed for longer and heard more of the mysterious lady but in the distance, Rosaria heard Barbra’s unmistakable singing and she made a mad dash for the auditorium, forgetting the fair lady.