Chapter 10.4

“ugh fucking blonde girl,” Zhongli murmurs, frustrated and infuriated at the interaction that just taken place.

Stomping his way down the hallways, he hears so many voices, whispers, and more, all echoing and overwhelming him. his throat closed and he could feel sweat bead on his forehead, suffocating and entrapped.

“I can’t do this today,” Zhongli admitted, grabbing his stuff out of his locker which was thankfully nearby, and dashed his way down the hallways.

Avoiding the teacher’s eyes, he slipped out the front door and began to head out, skipping school again.

Taking a deep breath of air, he walks down the steps and heads his way back to his apartment, after all, he didn’t have anything else to do. It’s not like he could hang out with friends, after all, they’re all in school. He could try and go to a restaurant, but it feels weird to go alone, so he decided to just stay home, relaxing and ignoring his problems.

As he walked down the sidewalk, he notices a particular flower, a Qingxin. It looked droopy, and not quite out of its shell. He sighs, lowering himself and poking it a bit. The Qingxin merely moved, still drooping. His lower lip twitches annoyed at the sight.

Suddenly, he remembered something, remembering the sidewalk being the same location for his first date with Childe, sending chills up his spine.

“Childe! Hello!” Zhongli calls out, happy to see the ginger arriving at the location they’ve arrived upon. Zhongli had been tutoring for Childe for a while, helping the Snezhnayan catch up on the curriculum.

He had eventually developed a crush and on one late night, slightly delirious from a lack of sleep and energy, he decided to kiss Childe. Childe thankfully reciprocated the kiss and the two made out all night.

It was a week later that they decided to go on a date. Zhongli was very nervous, having spent a good thirty minutes making sure his hair was alright, which he knew he’ll scoff at later.

“Hey Zhongli,” Childe says, waving back. Zhongli smiles, excited. Even though they’ve made out before, they haven’t gotten to know each other very much, not usually in the same friend groups or classes. So Zhongli felt a slight nervous pit inside his stomach, hoping for all to go well.

“So, I was thinking we could go into town and maybe gets some ice cream and maybe walk around, if that’s alright” Zhongli suggests. He silently prayed that Childe wouldn’t find the date too boring, it was hard since the town was pretty small and lacking in things to do.

“No problem sounds cute,” Childe responds eagerly. “Like you,” he says teasingly. Zhongli bites back a laugh, unsure of whether the flirt was smooth or cheesy. Covering his mouth to avoid any sign of him possibly laughing at Childe’s flirty attempt, he responds.

“Stop, I’m blushing,” he says, drawing out the “stop”. Childe giggles, his giggle sounding so airy and squeaky, obnoxious maybe to others but weirdly it made

Zhongli’s heart does a flip. Childe pulls out his hand, offering it to Zhongli.

“Let’s get moving, shall we?” Childe says his hand out for Zhongli’s.

“O-oh okay,” Zhongli says, the sight of
Childe, so generous and warm, so sweet and kind, it all made him burst inside, his heart racing and wanting to do so many things with and to him. Taking a deep breath, he accepts Childe’s hand and the two go on the date.

“God what a fool,” Zhongli mutters, remembering his first date with Childe.

The ginger boy was his firsts in many things, holding a big place in his heart.

And goddamnit, even if the world thought he moved on, he still hasn’t yet. His friends may have comforted him in the beginning, but two weeks passed, and everyone forgot. But he didn’t.

Thus, a lonely and hard winter came and went, now it was spring.

Spring, the time for rebirths, for blossoming into a new person. Doing a little bit of spring cleaning and getting rid of some cobwebs, well Zhongli had a lot, and it was going to take a whole lot more than cleaning to get rid of them.

“That frigging bitch, how dare she tries and go after him, while I’m still here,” Zhongli mutters, seeing the Qingxin again, still droopy. He stood up, the remainder of Lumine’s comments, of her sudden crush. It made Zhongli’s eyes go red, wanting to do everything he can to prevent such a possibility from happening.

He continued to walk down the sidewalk, looking at the sidewalk, eyebrows furrowed and wondering what the hell to do regarding the blonde girl. Then the wind picked up, causing Zhongli to shutter, raising his head to which he noticed the local grocery store nearby his house. Suddenly he had an idea, remembering an old movie he once watched.