Chapter 11.1

Noelle rushed down the hallway, not wanting to be late for the assembly. Normally she would’ve been early to the assembly, but a fellow student had asked her to help find her missing water bottle and she couldn’t refuse.

So, Noelle pushed with each step, dashing forward down the hallway to reach the assembly where the fellow student would be waiting. The Student Council member took a big breath and sped her way down, using the muscle training that she did over the summer to stay fit, to persist.

Turning a corner, she eyes a loose paper flier fly off the wall and onto the ground from her speed. She makes a mental note to hang it up after the assembly.

Noelle sees the gym doors at the end of the hallway, and with another large breath, sprints her way down, not wanting to be late. Water bottle in hand, she pushes open the door, a bit too hard that it slammed against the wall, causing a bit of noise to erupt.

A few students turn to see her, flustered and red in the face. She shakes her head, huffing, and then she sees the classmates and now Student Council members walk over to her.

“Noelle! Thanks for getting my water bottle, let’s go, the assembly is about to start,” Mona exclaims, grabbing the water bottle out of Noelle's hands and dragging her to the front seats.

Noelle nods her head, waving softly to each of her fellow Student Council members, most newly elected for the first time. She also sees the two new chairs, for the Inazuman Student Council members, two from each nation as per the lineup of the Student Council.

Noelle took her seat, next to Mona. Kazuha and Yae Miko both abruptly arrive, taking their seat while Keqing and Ganyu quietly whisper to each other.

Noelle let out a small sigh, curious to work more with her new Student Council members, most of them new to the council. In the past, it had always been the same four, Amber, Ganyu, Xingqiu, and herself.

But Inazuma joined the school meant new seats, and then Xingqiu and Amber both decided to leave for personal reasons. It did sting at first but now she just whined the two best of luck. She heard that Amber was now winning races at track matches so she was proud regardless.

Noelle looked up, seeing the stage and Jean kept peeking her head behind the curtain. Like the sweet girl, everyone was confused about the reason behind the assembly. The principal has announced it only yesterday, clearing an entire period of school for the assembly.
Everyone was a cake mix of eagerness and nervousness for what could be the assembly.

Eventually Jean made her appearance, leaving the curtain and moving the front of the stage where a microphone was. Noelle could see the principal seemed very nervous; the woman's hands shaking even.

Jean spoke softly, causing the microphone to feedback a bit, a ringing noise screeching in the gym. Noelle winced at the noise, always finding it upsetting.

Jean pauses before speaking again.

“Hello, Genshin High, I hope all is well today,” Jean says, clearly stalling. Noelle clapped softly, wanting to be supportive of her principal. No one joined. The crowd remained silent, on the edge of seats for whatever the principal had to announce.

“Er- well there is no easy way to say this,” Jean says. Noelle felt her heart rate spiked a bit, feeling less optimistic about the potential announcement.

“Genshin High… will be moving to a new location,” Jean says. Noelle's eyebrows arches, confused by this statement. Immediately people began to
shout, confused as well.

“MOVING WHERE?”

“IS THE TOWN MOVING?”

“IS THIS COMPENSATED?”
Noelle was wondering the same things, hearing the crowd's nervousness turn into confusion.

“Uh, just the high school, the district will be removed, abandoning the elementary and middle school. We’ll be going to the Golden Apple Archipelago, staying in a more neutral location,” Jean answers, leaving more questions than satisfying answers.

“And it’s not compensated,” Jean answers, causing a huge outrage. Noelle jumped out of her seat, her fellow members doing the same. The crowd of students and even teachers began to stand up, stampeding and roaring in rage.

Noelle could understand, feeling a similar rage but she had to suppress it as part of her duty. She needed to make sure the crowd doesn’t get more dangerous, seeing and hearing cries as people kept trying to reach the stage.

“Everyone, remain calm!” Jean shouts into the mic, only making more people mad. Noelle gulps, grateful for her self-defense and bodyguard training seminar she took once for fun. Taking charge, she begins to give out commands to her fellow members.

“Yae Miko, Ganyu! Relocate the principal!” Noelle commands. Yae Miko and Ganyu did as instructed, heading to the stage, and taking hold of a frantic Jean. The three go behind the curtains, away from the public. Noelle also shoots a text to Ganyu, asking her to get more answers and compile an email to answer the majority of people’s questions.

“Everyone else, try to calm them all down and get them out of the gym!” Noelle shouts over the roars of the crowd. The other Student Council member gulps, clearly nervous. Noelle could understand, seeing that the crowd could easily get violent quickly.

Noelle dives into the crowd, taking the lead again and telling people to calm down. Her forehead beaded with sweat, unsure of how to control the crowd.

Then she noticed two students beginning to fight. She dashes forward, aiming to stop the fight.

“NO!” Noelle exclaims, diving between the two before punches could be flung, spreading her arms and separating them. Then a teacher, Mr. Albedo intervened, helping diffuse the situation.

“No fighting or detention,” he says sternly, sending a cold look down onto the two male students. They nodded and Noelle, sighs, grateful to have solved one problem. She moves away.

The crowd still was loud and moving way too much. She could feel people fall to the ground, risk if getting trampled to death. She dove to some, getting them onto their feet to prevent injuries.

Then within the edges of her peripheral vision, she sees the fire alarm. She looks around, feeling nervous at the thought of breaking g rules but she knew that time called for it.

She passed by all the students, hearing swears and threats of violence. It all felt so excessive, but at the same time, Noelle herself hadn’t yet processed what moving could entail.

Noelle reached the stage, seeing the red fire alarm, with a display of strength, she lunched the glass and pulled the fire alarm. A shrieking noise screeched the air instantly, piercing everyone’s ears. Noelle covers one of her ears and heads to the mic that was dropped by Jean. She picks it up.

“Everyone! Leave the gym through various exits, Student Council members will direct you to the nearest exit,”

Noelle exclaimed. She didn’t inform the others of her plan but she had a feeling they would be quick to adapt.

The fighting began to die down and people hurried out of the gym, wanting to get out of sprinklers that started to pour. Noelle shivered, cold but not wanting to leave till the gym was cleared.

When the gym cleared and people left for the fields, she sighed, trembling. She was grateful that the sprinklers turned off at least. She notices her other Student Council members had left her behind already. With a deep breath, she grabs a blanket backstage that she knew was there earlier.

She heads out of the gym, walking down the hallways, drying herself with the blanket. She made a mental note to wash and dry the blanket later, leaving it in the same place for future scenarios.

Ahe turned a corner, and she spots the same paper that was flung off the wall earlier. She smiles, decides to fix it now, and pulls out a tape roll she keeps in her pocket because the tape was useful in her opinion.

Paper in hand, she tapes it back onto the same place, not caring that it was wet. She made sure it didn’t tear too much.

The flier hung up in place and she smiles softly, happy to have helped someone.