Chapter 6.1

“Klee! Don’t fall in!” Jean shouted, witnessing as Klee tries to run up to her, nearing a ditch that happened to be in front of a friend’s house. Jean felt her heart race as Klee tiptoes around the ditch, avoiding running into the small flower garden.

Eventually, Klee makes it without falling into the ditch, reaching the other side. Jean leans down and opens her arms wide as Klee excitedly dashes to hug her.  Klee leaps into Jean's arms, giggling and wrapping her arms around Jean’s neck.

Jean smiles, always loving the young girl’s laugh and present, being truly a bubbly personality that no one can escape from her. Just like her mom as well.

“Alright, I hope you all are alright,” Baizhu exclaims, carrying Qiqi who seemed aloof as always. Jean never understood why Klee was friends with her, seeing as how quiet and timid the child was, a huge contrast to Klee’s personality.

“We’re good, Baizhu, and again, thanks for inviting Klee over, I’m sure she appreciates it,” Jean exclaims from across the yard which was now a ditch blocking the house.

“No problem!” Baizhu said, waving goodbye and closing the door. Klee hurriedly jumps down from Jean’s neck.

“Bye Qiqi!” Klee yells out, jumping up and down while waving. Qiqi gave a small wave before the door closed.
Klee smiles widely, heading to Jean’s car and clawing at the door handle.

“Hold on Klee, I’m not as fast you are,” Jean says, grabbing out her car keys to unlock the car. A few clicks and the doors were unlocked. Immediately Klee opened the door and crawled in, very excited for something. Jean decided to ask momentarily.

“I hope your sleepover was fun,” Jean says, getting in the car and adjusting the mirrors for a moment, catching a glance at Klee’s eager face.

“It was, we watched movies, ate food and so much more!” Klee said before becoming silent. Jean arched an eyebrow, usually, Klee would be talking for hours, recounting every single thing she remembers back to her.

“Is something wrong Klee?” Jean asks, confused.

“No! I just really want to see mommy again!” Klee exclaims. Jean finally gets it, she is just excited to see Alice, who’s supposed to not be busy today with her job and work at forming an idol group.
Jean has known Alice for the longest time, they were both good friends in Mondstadt, Alice always being the one who went on crazy adventures while Jean would reel her back and prevent her from getting too deep into shit.

Then Alice got pregnant accidentally and had to settle a bit on her own. Thankfully Jean was there to help support her and make it easier for her. Jean suddenly felt a spark of pain as she remembered the tired nights the two spent trying g to get a very hyper Klee to sleep.

Eventually, the two got invited to the Genshin District, and Alive was excited, curious to see other cultures blend into one. Jean was grateful as well, getting a decent job as principal and seeing Klee attend a highly sought-after school district. She had the chance to grow up in different cultures and learn more about the world rather than being in a small town in Mondstadt.

When the three of them arrived, Jean found love in Lisa, and Alive began her project to debut a new idol group, always fascinated with idols and music. Jean thought it would be a small phase that’ll flicker out but Alice found Barbra and began to manage her who became massively famous.

Jean could sense a bit of overwhelming pressure fall on Alice but she was surprised to see her persevere and continue with the debut group she promised to Barbra. That was three years ago and so far nothing much has been done for the debut group.

Jean felt bad for Barbra, hearing that she trains all day and night to do better and debut under Alice but she believes that Alice will come through.
Jean turns a corner, about to arrive at Alice’s house before she immediately spots a red car about to hit her. She brakes quickly, causing her to be almost flung out of her car if it wasn’t for seatbelts.

“Whoo again!” Klee exclaims, clapping. Jean's smile, disturbed and distraught from the near-collision. The car keeps on going, speeding a bit and heading out as if they have no time to spare. Jeans saw that it was a red car.

“Huh, Alive would love to know that a red car almost killed us,” Jean thought, reminded of Alice's red car and less-than-ideal driving skills. Jean sighs while Klee chirps and looks around her surroundings as always.

Jean turns finally and makes her way over to Klee’s house, where she finds the driveway empty.

“That’s odd? She should be here right now,".

Before she could deduce the pieces together, Klee rushes out of the car, too excited to see her mom.

“Klee be careful and don’t trip!” Jean yells out, noticing the wet pavement and slippery surfaces. Klee only giggles.