Chapter 4.2

Ayaka whipped out her fan, gracefully casting it over her head and then lightly fanning herself a bit to remove any heat or sweat from her face. She aimed to make a good first impression on her students.

Looking around her classroom, she saw the many copies of desks aligned in order as she likes it. She looked at her desk, seeing her laptop with the lesson ready and the papers to hand out for homework.  All organized and tidy, clean and pretty as expected.

She then faced her classroom, remembering the Inazuman flags she hung up and the many tapestries of Inazuman sights, a décor choice she made to have students engage in Inazuman history.

As a history teacher, she was expected to teach Tevyat history but she smirked, knowing that deep inside she’ll likely talk a bit more about Inazuman history, getting students of Liyue and Mondstadt to learn about the wonders of Inazuma.

Looking at her tapestries again, she remembered the streets of Inazuma city and visiting the Serpent Head, a pinnacle moment of Inazuman history. She smiled, excited to teach and get to know the students.

A bell rings vicariously, shocking Ayaka out of her thoughts. She looks to the door and sees a stream of students entering the classroom. She was awed, curious to get to know the students even for brief periods and leave a mark on them with her teachings.

She gets to her position at the front of the classroom and waits for the students to be seated. Once the seats were filled, she began, smiling softly and exhibiting a confident aura.

The students’ faces all were planted with boredom which made Ayaka sad internally but she quickly birthed it off and stood her ground.

“Hi students, welcome to history!” Ayaka exclaimed. The students reacted with little result. So she continued.

“I’m sure you all aren’t the most enthusiastic for this class but  I aim to make it engaging, so wish me luck," Ayaka said. The students didn’t react much so she decided to move forward with the lesson, noticing the time.
“Alright, does anyone know about the infamous fall of old Mondstadt?" Ayaka asked out, curious to see what anyone has to say about it. None raised their hands or even nodded. Ayaka raised an eyebrow, confused.

“I guess we don’t have any Mondstadt students," she said out loud, finding it odd at the lack of response, assuming that even a Mondstadt student would have an idea of it.

“U-uh I’m from Mondstadt," a student said raising their hand. Ayaka's eyes go wide, seeing that even the Mondstadt student didn’t want to talk about their history. In Ayaka’s eyes, that seemed like an insult, she always loved and took pride in talking about her nation’s history.

“what’s your name kid?” Ayaka asked.

“ Razor," he said briefly. Ayaka stood for a moment, unsure of what to do. She didn’t want to shame the student but she also felt an extreme need for the student to know the importance of learning their own nation’s history.

“Well Razor, do you know about Old Monstadt?” Ayaka asked. Razor shook his head. Ayaka grimaced. The entire class just watched the situation goes back and forth, some super into it while others just zoning out.

“Razor, to be honest, that’s a bit disappointing but hey we’re all here to learn," Ayaka said, aiming to live the mood. Razor nodded his head.
Ayaka continued the period, talking about Mondstadt's early history, lecturing on the tyrannical rule and the inevitable revolution and formation of Mondstadt of today.

Eventually, the class period ended and the students began to pack their stuff up and head on out. But Ayaka intercepted Razor, holding him back.

“Oh Razor, um I apologize if I may have shamed you a bit for not knowing about Old Mondstadt,” Ayaka said, pausing for any response but Razor just stayed silent, giving a blank stare.

“It just perplexed me a bit, not knowing one’s national history. I grew up knowing everything about Inazuman history so hearing another student not know a vital moment in their nation’s history seemed slightly disappointing but we all have our paths and lives. The important thing is that you now know" Ayaka said, concluding her rant. Razor nodded again. Then seeing that Ayaka was done, he just left the classroom.
Ayaka was left dumbfounded and confused.

“Goodness, what odd students,” Ayaka said, confused at the Mondstadt student.