Chapter 8.6

“Yae what the fuck,” Ei said sharply, recoiling away from her best friend since diapers. For some random reason, Yae Miko went from talking about deserts she heard that were for tonight to straight-up kissing Ei.

“You’re looking pretty cute today,” Yae Miko flirts jokingly, winking. Ei stands up, feeling many different feelings surge through her veins. Her stomach drops and her tempers rise, furious.

“YAE! I’ll repeat myself, what the FUCK are you doing?” Ei yells out, hands clenching. Yae Miko's face drops, seeming scared and worried.

“I-I was just you know...” Yae Miko draws out, mumbling, not finishing her sentence.

“You were WHAT!” Ei yells, her temper rising. Yae Miko stays silent, looking away, shame on her face. Ei felt like screaming so she did.

“AHH!” Ei releases out, scaring the birds and whatever crabs that were on the ground. Fury raged inside of her, in constant flux with confusion and fear.
She ends up leaving Yae Miko alone on the beach, confused and weirded out.

She has never seen Yae Miko as more than a friend so being kissed has only left her confused. She didn’t want to lose a precious friendship yet that may be the case.

The fear of losing Yae Miko, only turned into anger, mad at the world for letting this happen, mad at Yae Miko for having emotions. Her chest kept tightening, making it hard to breathe.

Body shaking, she finds a tree and slams her fist into it. It leaves a dent, surprising her but it was quickly overwhelmed with rage and pain as her knuckles wrung in pain.

“Agh," Ei creaks out, seeing bloodline her knuckles. Her chest heaving, she claws into the tree, rage still thundering inside of her. She just couldn’t seem to get rid of it, lashing out uncontrollably and making it hard to think straight.

“EI!” a certain pink-haired girl cried out, footsteps becoming louder.

“NO!” Ei shouts out, turning to see Yae Miko frozen, fear making her kegs stop.

“Why did you do that!” Ei exclaimed, her rage spilling out of her words.

“I-I just wanted to-"

“TO WHAT?”

“To not let her confess,” Yae Miko admitted quietly. Ei arched an eyebrow, confused.

“What?!” Ei shouts, still mad, more confused but she could feel the uncontrollable rage inside of her.

“Kujou Sara, she was probably going to confess so I made sure she would back off. But it was to prevent the friendship!” Yae Miko exclaims, attempting to justify.

“What do you mean?” Ei asks, confused.

“Confessing, confessing what?” Ei wondered, her heart lurching suddenly.

“L-like a crush Ei,” Yae Miko says. Ei’s eyes widened, the thought of Sara being hers, of liking her romantically made her feel so excited. She never had felt this before, right?

In an instant, she remembered the times her heart raced and she felt different non-platonic feelings for Sara, happening when she was with her in Chinju Forest. She remembered the first time afterward when they met and how flustered, she got, physically unable to speak to Sara.

“Y-Yae, but why?” Ei asks, confused.

“Because I didn’t want to ruin our friend group, I didn’t want to be a third wheel,” Yae Miko admits, gulping. Ei felt her eye twitch, furious at her best friend for daring to ruin something she realized would’ve made her happy.

Happier than anything the archipelago had to offer, happier than her own current family.

“THAT’S BULLSHIT,” Ei raged out, tears sting her eyes, her hands clenched into fists, shaking.

“I mean its-" Yae Miko tries to defend, only to be shot down by Ei.

“SHUT UP!” Ei shouts out. She walks slowly forward, her rage filling her midst with si many thoughts, she ends up screaming them out to Yae Miko.

“You selfish, good for nothing piece of crap! Don’t fucking defend yourself for this!” Ei exclaims, closer to a trembling Yae Miko.

“I-"

“Don’t SPEAK!” Ei shouts out, raising her hand, so angry she wanted to physically wipe Yae Miko's disgusting mouth off the pink haired girl.

“EI!” a familiar voice shouts out, making Ei’s blood freeze. Ei turns her head and sees Kujou Sara, also mad.