Chapter 11.4

Lisa aggressively tapped her fingers against the wooden surface of her circular desk. She was fuming, dark clouds surrounding her. Jean’s inability to explain the decision behind such a dastardly action had left Lisa stuck. She could still remember the sobs of numerous students, some calling their parents to explain the awful situation everyone was now in.

The librarian at least wanted to figure out why Jean made such a decision or allowed something to happen. Jean was the principal of the school; she knew the effect such an expensive decision would have on the students. Then Lisa remembered a certain little red girl, whose laugh was more contagious than the flu.

“Ugh!” Lisa groaned out, slamming her fist against the desk.

“Now this isn’t making sense anymore,” Lisa thought, considering the young girl that Jean had been fostering for the past few months. Jean loves Klee with all of her heart, but now she’s willing to move to the archipelago, at risk of abandoning the young girl. It made no sense.

The hot librarian looked around her surroundings, pondering on her next course of action.

“Should I… try to convince Jean to redo the decision?”

“Maybe… seduce her out of it?” Lisa thought, considering if she should use that one outfit that Jean lusted after on Valentine’s day a month ago. Then with a side glance, Lisa spot something. A mere document. She grabbed it and saw it was just a fine that a student paid recently, printed out because she liked paper copies for certain things.

As if she found another puzzle piece, she had an idea. She checked the clock, realizing that school was going to be over in a few minutes. Grabbing her purse and things, she clocked out and got out of school early, not telling anyone for fear Jean might catch on.

She headed to her car, thanking the archons that she decided to drive to school today alone. In her sleek purple car, she drove her way out of the parking lot and down towards the District building, a mere few blocks away from the school.

The District building was where the Superintendent worked, overseeing the schools, and making sure all was well.

The building also held a library of school records, receipts and so much more. Lisa knew that whatever led Jean to allow the high school to move, was in those records.

The librarian knew that with her skills, she could find the document very easily, having experience in document sorting and more. Though one thought did send chills down her spine, the Superintendent.

Lisa had recalled seeing the woman at an event, congratulating her for taking the position.  She wanted to say hi but for some reason, her feet froze and one terrifying glare in her direction from the Superintendent made her go cold.

Lisa was grateful that she didn’t have to meet the woman very often, not wanting to relive the experience. Now she was going to break that.

Lisa arrived at the building, well a block away from the building. She didn’t want to risk her flashy car getting noticed in the parking lot, alerting the Superintendent. After all, she didn’t have permission to enter its records.

Lisa, with her bag in tow, dashed her way to the building. She didn’t want to the front, fearing that the Superintendent will see her, or anyone for that matter. With some quick recon, she found an open window that led inside.

It was right outside the trashcans, allowing her to step on the trashcans and carry herself up onto the windowsill. She peaked through the window and gasped, lucky enough to find out that it was the library she was searching for.

She pulled herself up, grateful that she still occasionally worked out at a local gym. Pulling herself up, she inched her way through the window, being too small for her to turn her legs out forward, so she fell.

“Ah-” Lisa cried out, shutting up immediately. She pauses, eyes wide at the door nearby her. Nothing happened and she let out a sigh of relief. She got up and began to get to work.

She quickly noticed that the library system was the same as hers, making it easy to try and find the specific documents she would need.

A few minutes pass, her eyes scanning the labels and numbers, plucking her way to find one document that could answer all of her questions.

“Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?” Lisa asked herself repeatedly, muttering while working. One of the things she was praised for back at the Sumeru Academy was her focus, always able to stay on task and tune out the world. But at the moment, it was her bane of existence.

Her eyes saw a document, reading

“Location Change X/XX/XX” bearing a recent date. She gasped, ecstatic to find it. Then she heard something and froze.

“Gosh, where can that foul recipient be?” a familiar chilly voice said, tsking. Lisa’s heart rate increased significantly, scared. She went cold, so silent and unable to move, she could feel her nostrils clench, not breathing. Hearing the footsteps, her mind screamed to run, to move, to do anything that would avoid detection, but her body said otherwise.

Then she felt something grab her wrist, making her scream.