Chapter 4.1

Kazuha took a deep breath, looking in the mirror and scanning himself for any dirt or possible uncleanly sights. He looked over each pore and inch of his face and hair, taking a few seconds to make sure fully that it didn’t have any imperfections. Normally he wouldn’t be so strict and intense over his outward appearance but today was a special day.

Today was the day Inazuma would bring people from its nation to join the Genshin District, located in Stone Gate.
Kazuha already knew of the news and everything but specifically today the students and teachers would be arriving for their first day, and Kazuha wanted to make a good impression, help the students be well adjusted.

After careful inspection, Kazuha put on a soft smile, giving off calm energy to help ease people, especially his people.

Leaving his room, he dashed down to the living to find Beidou eating universal rice in the kitchen. Kazuha then glanced over his eyes to the kitchen sink, seeing the pile of dishes.

He felt his heart tighten, a combination of dread and annoyance over the dishes. He had been a fairly clean person before he migrated to Liyue but living with Beidou had heightened his cleaning habits and made it so that seeing things like unwashed dished or a pile of dirty clothes will only cause him to panic internally.

He’d seen the potential Beidou could do, the heights of her messiness, especially when first arriving. It was one of the few things he never understood how Beidou got away with during the inspection for her to become his guardian. Nonetheless, he lived in Beidou’s apartment and now he had to make sure he doesn’t from overwhelming stenches.

“Beidou, what did we say about leaving the dishes in the sink?” Kazuha said, having moved to the sink and began washing and placing them in the dishwasher.

“Don’t leave them in the sink,” Beidou muffled out, talking despite eating her breakfast. Kazuha rolled his eyes, annoyed at his guardian. He had times where he wanted to lash out and yell at her, but he knew it wasn’t the time for that, needing to get ready and head to the school early in preparation for the meet and greet. When finished the dishes and loading the dishwasher to run it, he noticed the clock. His eyes go wide, realizing they were going to be late.

“Beidou! Let’s go, we’re going to be late!” Kazuha shouted, dashing out the door and towards the car to get it ready.

He tends to deal with the driving to make sure Beidou hurries up, who tended to forget something and head back inside, taking a lot longer to leave the property.
Beidou followed suit, grabbing her bag and joining Kazuha in the car.

“W-wait I forgot something,” Beidou said, looking into her bag. But Kazuha was already out of the driveway and heading down the street.

“Too late!” Kazuha exclaimed, speeding down the street towards the school. Beidou grunted, clearly annoyed at Kazuha. Kazuha grinned, becoming more and more excited at the prospect of seeing familiar faces and faces that were Inazuman.

While he had enjoyed meeting and learning things from the clash of Liyue and Mondstadt culture, he couldn’t help but miss seeing Inazuman things or at least Inazuman culture. He missed Sakura trees, foxes, and the Komore Teahouse. But now with the nation of Inazuma allowing people to migrate to the Genshin District in Stone Gate, it would bring inclusion of Inazuman culture, which excited Kazuha, imaging the possibilities.

At the same time, Kazuha felt a hinge of nervousness, having been out of touch with Inazuma due to it being closed for the past few years and still somewhat hard to enter today. He’d feared that he wouldn’t understand the Inazuman students, whether it be not knowing a small reference or important events that he didn’t hear about. It fringed on the corners of his mind, the idea of embarrassing himself and his identity in front of his peers grew and gave a nervous pit in his stomach.