Chapter 13.1

Grudgingly and with a pounding headache, Kaeya wakes up. He rises from his bed, blinded by the sudden light that awoken him in the first place due to a maid turning them on to wake him. Once he spent an entire month being late for school, oversleeping resulting in Diluc making an executive decision to have a maid turn on the lights to wake him up.

Kaeya still grumbles that his stepbrother planned it without even talking to him about it in the first place, leading to a lot of confusion. It was rather shitty of him. Sadly, he was used to stepbrother making shitty decisions for him, always stepping over him and his idea because Diluc was the old man’s biological son, therefore he runs the house and all of the old man’s assets, even him, the stepchild. It irked him to understate but it was too early to get mad over a small decision that did prevent him from being late to school, so Kaeya got out of bed and went to brush his teeth.

Donning an outfit of jeans and a loose shirt that slung low around his neck, he left his room, all groomed and cleaned.

He stopped by the nearby hallway mirror, tucking a hair strand in, and making sure his eye bags weren’t too noticeable. Many people around him would see his tall and somewhat broad build and assume that he’s just a typical dumb jock, but the blue-haired student also likes fashion and skincare, obsessed with good skin. Hence the biweekly dermatology trips to ensure good skincare.

Diluc always complained about the excessive dermatology trips, claiming that Kaeya is alright and doesn’t need to be so much money on the medical trips but Kaeya counterargues, believing otherwise. He squints at himself in the mirror, making his last week's blackheads were finally good, and he sighed in relief, grateful that they’ve disappeared.

Giving himself a small hair flip with his long blue hair, he walked down the empty corridor, heading to the kitchen to grab a bite. After the old man’s death, Diluc and Kaeya both moved to the former District with limited staffing.

Then the school moved to the Golden Apple Archipelago. Diluc believed they should still live in a house rather than the small dorms since they were rich and at risk for dangerous security situations. Now Kaeya lived in a house next to Keqing’s house who had converted it into a sorority, rooming with a few other girls.

Kaeya arrived at the kitchen, instantly surprised to see Diluc leaning against the granite countertop, reading a newspaper. Kaeya also noticed the plate of eggs beside Diluc, likely made by the house chef since Diluc sucked at cooking. The smell of grilled cheese still makes him sick from the time Diluc accidentally poisoned him when cooking the meal.

“I never knew the archipelago had a newspaper,” Kaeya said, arching an eyebrow as he reached into the fruit bowl and grabbed an apple. He then took a bite, making sure he made a loud crunch with the apple because Diluc’s pet peeve was loud chewing noises. Kaeya smirked seeing the slight eye twitch at his loud crunching. “Also, since when did you read the newspaper grandpa,” Kaeya added, generating obnoxious chewing noises.

“I found it on the porch one day and now I’ve decided to make it a habit, be less on my phone. Now please leave your ass,” Diluc said nonchalantly, putting down the newspaper and giving a firm stare at Kaeya. Kaeya giggles and leaves with a middle finger to Diluc.

“Useless ass,” Diluc mutters loudly enough for Kaeya to hear. Kaeya rolls his eyes, desensitized to Diluc’s cursing.
Kaeya opens his phone, holding the apple in his other hand as he walked out of the house and headed to school.

He scrolled through his usual apps till he reached his schedule for the day, immediately inhaling sharply as he realized he had an important football game today.

To Kaeya, he enjoyed sports, a lot. Among them, his favorite was football, something he excelled at, being the team’s quarterback. There was nothing like the rush and adrenaline of the game, setting his blood alive and somehow making his whole life feel less stressful. The moment he heard the whistle, he was ready to go feral and cause hell for his opponents.