Chapter 13.6

“M-Mona, what was that?” Lumine stuttered out, clinging to her friend. Her eye took notice of a piece of debris that began to shadow them, Mona noticing the same as well.

“MOVE!” Mona exclaimed, pushing

Lumine to the side as they dove out of the way. the debris landed on the shore, splattering sand all over them. Huffing, Lumine realized that the debris was a piece of the wall from the locker room, seeing the familiar painted sign that said “Go Genshin High!”. For a quick moment, the two were silent, stunned, and unsure of what to do. Then Mona speaks.

“We need to go and find out what’s happening,” Mona commanded.

“Isn’t that dangerous?” Lumine asked.

“Maybe but we just need to go and help,”

“O-okay”

Hence, they were off, hitching a ride on a Waaverider, which to their surprise was still operating. The driver was nervous though, seeming hesitant to accept their request of heading towards the explosion area but Mona slipped a twenty and the guy was alright.

The bumpy waves didn’t ease Lumine’s doubt and nervousness, but looking next to Mona, she could still see the worries etched onto her face, but the friend was still persistent. Eventually, the driver reached the school, the vehicle slowing down and the loud humming noise becoming softer.

The two girls left the Waaverider and were immediately met with chaos. Students were running and crowding around, all panicking and nervous.

Lumine noticed they were trying to leave, as they had their phones lifted high up, while frantically calling for a ride. Lumine then was pushed to the ground, as students all around her clawed their way into the Waaverider they’ve just left.

“Maybe this wasn’t a good idea,” Mona muttered. Lumine sighed, also feeling the same. People kept getting too close, unaware of Lumine who was still on the sandy ground.

“Ah w-wait guys,” Lumine cried out, shielding herself from the pointy knees and scared legs, aimlessly nudging around her. Then the nudging turned into kicking, people repeatedly hitting her kidney.

“Agh!” she cried out, the flood of students becoming stronger and stronger. “S-stop” she weakly said, feeling her fear skyrocket, seeing the vulnerable position she was stuck in.

“Help” she cried out. Then a large hand reached her shoulder and pulled her to the side, somehow able to bypass all of the students.

In a ball, she unfurled and looked up. There, she saw a homely face that made her heart burst, relieving her from the stress and almost making her cry. It was Childe, his face glinting with worry as worry wrinkles were apparent on his forehead.

“Lumine, are you okay?” Childe asked, his eyes looking all around her. She realized it was him examining her for bruises or scars.

“I’m fine, the worst thing was someone kicking me in the kidneys,” Lumine reassured.

“That asshole,” he muttered before another loud explosion took place, silencing the panic noises. Everyone stopped and turned, seeing a blow of glass and debris from a specific side of the building. Lumine recognized the area as Eula’s classroom.

“Omg, is Eula alright?” Lumine muttered, concerned for her history teacher. No homework sounded nice, but she didn’t want her teacher to be dead.

“Shit, I-” Childe said but not finishing his sentence as he sped off, heading elsewhere from the shore. Lumine watched him go off for a moment before she was overwhelmed with fury and concern. She was sick of Childe running off without telling her anything, it happened once, and she refused for it to happen again. So, she sped after the ginger, wanting to know what the boy was up to.

“Childe!” she cried out, on her feet and hurrying down the footsteps of Childe.