III. The girl behind the mask.

Chaeyoung.

She looked cute when she stuttered. This girl is interesting yet mysterious. I'm getting curious about her mysteriosity, so curious that i want to unfold it. At the same time having felt the need to see the girl behind the mask.

We stared at each other again. She then looked at her watch and said.

Her: well then, I know how i could repay you. Let's have lunch my treat, And I won't take no for an answer.

I chuckled. Wow. She really is interesting, from a shy girl to a bolder one. I then thought of teasing her.

Me: So, is this your way of asking me for a date?

I can't see her expression but i can see the shock in her eyes.

Her: I... I'm not... I mean...

And there she goes back to the shy stuttering girl behind the mask. She's so cute.

I laughed at her and patted her arm.

Me: Relax, I'm just messing with you.

She then smiled and calmed down.

I stopped laughing but was still smiling.

Me: You're cute.

Oh shit. How stupid I am to say my thoughts aloud. She looked shocked again.

Me: well since you said I can't say no, so what choice do I have right?

I said right away recovering from what i stupidly voiced out.

I haven't found anyone interesting since my last girlfriend, not until now. I'm sure she's straight but to be her friend won't hurt right?

Her: Good.

Me: So, where to?

Her: Follow me then.

Me: yes ma'am!

She then start to walk then looked back at me to see if i was following her.

We stopped by the pedestrian lane waiting for the street light.

Her: I already have reservations at my fave restaurant, would you mind if that's where we eat?

Me: Not at all. It'll be great to know what you love to eat.

I regretted it as soon as i said it. I sounded like a pervert. I added right away;

Me: I haven't explored much of the restaurants here.

Her eyes tells me she's smiling. Now I'm getting really curious how she looks like when smiling. With that beautiful light brown eyes, I bet she's pretty.

Her: I hope you'll love their food too. It's not too far from here.

We then crossed the road, after a block she turned left to a street leading to more establishments. Along the street lined different shops of clothes, make ups, souvenir shops and restaurants.

After a few minutes she stopped at a building and gestured for us to come in. We stopped by the elevator, went in as soon as it opened. She pushed the 6th floor button. As we got out of the elevator  a grand hallway greeted us with a beautiful miniature forest in the center. It has a waterfall and bonsais as trees.

Me: Wow. This deserves to be captured.

I took my phone out and took a picture of it. I stepped back and took another one this time with the girl's side features who was admiring the view. When she turned to look at me I quickly focused my phone directly at the mini forest. I realize she was waiting for me.

Me: Sorry. Something as beautiful as this should be captured.

Her: no worries. Shall we?

Me: yeah.

We turned right, by the end of the hallway was a sign in japanese written was; 'Ai ga mieru yō ni natta'.

Her: We're here.

There are people in line by the door which she ignored. I followed her as she went in and walked towards the counter. I noticed it's already crowded good thing she already have a reservation. The food here must be really good and expensive too for it looked like they spend a lot on their place.

Her: a reservation for Ms. Ketchup.

The Manager looked at her.

Manager: oh hi Ms. Mi...

I noticed she gestured something to the manager who then looked around and said instead.

Manager: i mean Ms. Ketchup. Your booth is ready.

He gestured to one of the staff to come.

Manager: please escort them to VIP 1.

The staff gestured for us to follow her. The girl, which i just noticed now i still haven't got her name, looked at me then followed the staff.

We reached the top of the stairs which was also full of customers. We took the door in the right that led into a brightly lit hallway. As soon as the door shuts, it became quiet. We reached the end of the hallway the staff opened the door on her right.

Staff: this way please.

Inside was a not too big of a room. Yet it looks big for it has a glass window that stretched from the ceiling towards the floor. Which clearly is the corner of the building.

We went to the table and sit. I was admiring the view when I noticed the staff faced the wall then pushed something somewhere, like a hidden button. Then the wall revealed a hidden door which turned out to be a refrigerator. She took a bottle of wine and pour some on our glass, then put it in the wine stand beside our table, bowed and left us.

I looked at her and said.

Me: Wow. Im impressed. Not bad for a first date.

She laughed and took off her mask.

What was revealed by that mask made my world stop and made my heartbeat 10x faster. I wasn't prepared for this. I was enormously shocked.

Here i am in an expensive looking restaurant about to eat lunch with the most beautiful girl i have ever met. It's like winning jackpot on a draw you never even participated.

She was wearing the most beautiful gummy smile i have ever seen in my entire existence. I may sound overly exaggerated, but that's the closest description on how i felt seeing her.

It took me a minute to recover. I then became aware of my mouth is slightly hanging open, closing it right away. I must've looked stupid.

Me: Wow you're so pretty.

Damn this mouth. Why do i keep saying what's on my mind.

As soon as I said it, I saw her cheeks went pink, still wearing her gummy smile she shyly replied...

Her: thanks.

I'm so glad i forced my lazy self to go to the grocery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note:

Imagine a girl infront of you, took of her mask and revealed that she's Myoi Mina. I bet you'll be in shock, speechless with your mouth hanging open. Or worse faint for you can't handle the beauty that is Myoi Mina. If that's me, I know I'd react that way. Hahaha

Is it just me or the title of this chapter sounds like a very good award winning title of a novel. Isn't?