VII. Can I keep her?

Chaeyoung.

I didn't realize that I was smiling all throughout my way home until a friend who works at a nearby cafe noticed me.

Jim was by the window clearing the table. I noticed he was looking and smiling at me so I decided to stop by. As I enter the Cafe he went behind the counter.

Me: Hi Jim.

Jim: Hi. The usual cream cheese oreo?

Me: yes please.

I then gave him the money. As he gave the receipt and change he said:

Jim: Someone's so happy today.

I looked at him and wondered why he said that. I might have looked confused.

Jim: your smile reached from ear to ear, that's different from your usual smile.

Ah. Hahaha I must have looked stupid.

Me: hehe yeah. Something good came up.

Jim: that's good! Keep it whatever that is.

After a minute he handed me my drink. I thanked him and went on my way. I've thought of what he said, can I keep her? I wish.

I arrived at home a few minutes later. My home wasn't that much not too big nor too small. It's good enough for me.

I took off my shoes and coat and went to the kitchen to put down the grocery bag and my drink. I went to the living room and opened my speaker, connect my phone and played some songs. I went back to the kitchen singing and when I looked at the bag and stopped. I suddenly remembered the pretty angel I met earlier. Her gummy smile that seems to have been imprinted on my mind.

I then ran back to the living room took my phone and begin to type.

"Hi there pretty angel. I hope you're having a great time with your friends. I just got home and I remember that gummy smile of yours which I hope I can see again... Take care. 😍"

I hope she replies. But I don't want to hope as well. Though I'll be so happy if she does. Waaaah. Stop Chaeyoung.

With all my will power I left my phone and went back to the kitchen and take out the items I bought and placed it where it should be. I then washed the vegetables and meat and put it inside the refrigerator.

I then took a shower and got into my tshirt and sweat pants. I grabbed a bag of chips and my drink from the kitchen, went back to the living room and took my phone.

It's been 30 minutes yet still no reply from her. To take my mind off her, I decided to watch a movie. I placed my phone on the table. But as I watch my mind kept flooded by the thought of her.

I remember how her hand felt on mine. Her hand was cold yet it felt comfortable in a way I don't know how. She was shaken at that time which I'm glad I really stepped in. I felt like I want to protect her and take care of her. And mind you I already felt that without seeing her face.

But after she took off the mask. I got blown away by her beauty. Add her gummy smile to that face, oh my she was more beautiful beyond words. She talks softly and so demure. I even noticed how she sits, walk even how she eats, so elegant.

It's way too obvious I stare at her a lot. I hope she wasn't traumatize or scared of me... Haist... I really hope not. That made me worry. I paused the movie, stood up and began pacing, walking back and forth.

What if she did got scared of me that's why she isn't replying. No. She might be just busy since she's with her friends.

I then sat down.

What if she got irritated by how I acted and talked. Was I too obvious that I was into her? Did I flirted too much?

I stood, pacing again.

"Like a knight in shining armor..." She said. She might have just acted kind earlier for I did helped her.

But then when I said I will miss her she immediately said me too...

Why though? Would she be interested in someone like me? She's way beyond my league. Her beauty is way too much for me. A perfect face for a celebrity.

And dont forget Chaeyoung, She's straight. Very straight.

Waaaah! I shook my head and sat down lean my head backwards onto the sofa looking now at the ceiling.

Mina, you're messing with my mind.

To prevent myself from looking at it every second, I took my phone, place it beside the tv and flip it downwards. I looked at it and thought; I really hope she would reply. If she doesn't that's okay. Atleast I get to meet an angel for once in my life.

I sat back at the sofa and played the movie again. I tried so hard to concentrate at it, to not let my mind wonder to a gummy-smiling angel.  halfway in it I felt my eyes grew heavy and eventually closed.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mina.

Me, Momo and Sana decided to go to an icecream shop. We ate and bought some for our members too. When I insisted to pay, the both of them look at me then at each other then laughed. When I said what, they just said nothing.

I'm kind of nervous going home for these two might spill the beans which may cause other members to bug me even more.

Inside the cab on our way home, I heard a message notif on my phone but I didn't opened it cause the two might read the message.

I admit I keep looking at my phone ever since we left the restaurant. Hoping to receive a message. Now that I receive one, I feel anxious to know from whom it was but can't even looked at it. I will read it at the privacy of my room.

When we reached our dorm. I hurriedly went out of the cab inside the building and inside the elevator.

Momo: someone's in a hurry.

Me: yeah, I need to take a pee.

Sana and Momo smiled at each other.

Me: what?

When the elevator door opened I hurriedly went out. I headed straight to our door entered the keycode went in took my shoes off, put it back where my shoes are and hurriedly went in.

Sana: atleast she's still herself, able to put her shoes back. If it was you, you will just leave it here.

I heard Sana telling Momo causing me to smile. Then I heard Momo

Momo: yah! I'm not like that!

I went past the living room where Jihyo Nayeon and Jeongyeon unnies were watching tv, said Hi to them and headed straight to my bedroom.

I glanced at my phone looking at who's message was it though I already have a hunch who. I read the message without realizing that I'm smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note:

Have you seen Mina visiting Jihyo in the behind the scenes of I Am Jihyo? The girl is looking way too sexy. If she's mine, I will not let her out with that outfit. Hahaha Wishful thinking 😅

Btw, this chapter's title came from a line of Casper from "Casper the movie" That movie was so good.