LXXXV. 360 degree turn.

Mina.

The door burst open.

Brother: Mina! Don't sign anything. He no longer has a right to make you do anything.

Grandpa smiled and leaned on his chair.

Grandpa: And why is that?

Brother went in and stood in front of Grandpa.

Brother: I'm sorry but you're no longer fit to sit there. The board have decided it's time for you to step down. They were starting to question your actions even your motives why you're keeping them in the dark.

He tossed a folder at the table.

Brother: That's a resolution signed by the board of directors, assigning me as the next CEO. You're the one ruining the empire that you've been boasting You've made.

Grandpa reached for the folder and read it then toss it back to the table.

Grandpa: You think you're best for this position instead of Mina? Did you bought your way in or did you force it?

Brother laughed. I'm confused.

Me: What's going on?

He tossed another folder.

Brother: Unlike you, I don't stoop low and use money. I worked myself in. That's the 3 months worth of report from Nagoya, Kyoto and Tokyo. All that was done by me. Father gave me his shares and appointed me as the President. I studied for 4 years and graduated though not for the intention of running the company but my own.

Brother went closer.

Brother: I noticed how often you were absent in the office which is very unlikely. Then I learned what you've been doing. I've been talking to the board and showed them my proposal. I've been reporting my progress to them as well as your incompetence. You could no longer focus on the company but instead spending time and money ruining someone else's life on a different country.

Grandpa laughed again which made Brother to stomp both his hands on the table staring at Grandpa. I stood took hold of brother's arm. Afraid he might do something to grandpa.

Brother: What I can't stand is that you're ruining my sister's life. Look how greedy you are. You call yourself our grandfather? What would we expect, you weren't even a father to your son, what more a grandfather.

He relaxed, fixed himself and took hold of my hand.

Brother: Let's go Mina.

Grandpa: Stop!

We looked back at him who was still sitting at his chair. He looked unbothered, doesn't even looked affected at all. This angered brother more. He was about to go to Grandpa but I stopped him. Grandpa reached for the phone.

Grandpa: Let my son in.

Papa then entered the room. My brother and I looked at each other confused for he was smiling.

He went in and stood beside grandpa's side.

Brother: What's this?

Me: Papa?

Papa: Take a sit first and hear him out.

Brother: Are you kidding me?

Papa then became serious.

Papa: Sit!

We certainly are very aware of that tone. The kind of tone he uses when he wants us to obey him or else we'd get in trouble. Both of us took a seat.