LXI. Tokyo.

Chaeyoung.

I got disappointed on what I saw when I reached the airport. I had to make my way through the crowd of people with cameras and phones out. I hurriedly went in and showed my credentials to the guard. I was excited that I could send her off but I wasn't expecting this. I then heard a commotion outside. I paused to take a look. The reporters were now focused at the two black vans that had just arrived.

One by one, Twice members emerged from the vans. I was just there rooted to where I was standing for I was busy looking at them waiting for her. At last she emerged. She was now making her way towards the entrance. The voices of the people around me went silent, like everything was tuned out as I watched her strutting her way inside the airport. It suddenly looked like a slow-mo video of a model walking on a runway.

As soon as I saw her my jaw dropped. She looked so stunning as ever but something about her look today that was somehow different. I then realized it was her off-shoulder dress that made her looked more sexy. Her exposed shoulder looked so appealing that it's almost seductive.

I noticed my mouth was wide open. Good thing I was wearing a mask or I might have looked stupid.

The body guards escorted them as some fans / reporters were still following them. So I have no chance at all to even say Hi. When she already passed by to where I was, I came back to reality. It was as if I was in a trance.

The funny thing is apparently I wasn't the only one with that reaction. Looking around I saw other bystanders staring at the girls looking at awe. Some quickly took their phones out and took a video of them. Others was just stuck as they stared at them. I even heard someone asked 'Who are they?'
'They're Twice Mama, a popular girl group.'
'How come they're all pretty?'

That made me smile making me feel proud of the girls. I started walking again not realizing I was following them. They checked in and so did I. Then I saw them enter the VIP area.

I took my phone out and dialled Mina's number.

She was surprised that I know what she's wearing. Why does that sound as if I'm a stalker? It felt like she's looking for me by the way she sounded. I wanted to talk more but when I glanced at the time I told her I needed to go. I didn't even had the time to tell her.

I ran as soon as I dropped the call. The flight to Japan was uneventful. I slept during the entire flight. It's been a while since my last out of the country trip.

Mr. Lim wasn't feeling well, so he chose me to meet with a client instead of him. It was just a 3 days trip.

I messaged Mina as soon as I arrived at the hotel. They might still be on their flight so I wasn't expecting an immediate reply. I also messaged Mr. Lim.

I planned on going out to eat dinner but I'm feeling tired so I just settled for the hotel menu for now. After dinner, I reviewed the files for tomorrow's meeting. It's nerve wracking so I have to be prepared.

A few hours later I was flipping through the japanese channels when my phone buzzed. I got excited seeing that it was from Mina so I read it right away.

10:00 pm
Sorry for replying late. Something came up that I forgot to reply earlier. We landed like 30 minutes ago.

10:00 pm
We're on our way to our hotel. Tomorrow would be a quick tour of the city. Then at night would be our concert rehearsal.

10:00 pm
Glad you arrived safe. I haven't mentioned yet that I'm now in Japan for work. That's why I was at the airport too.

10:01 pm
I see. How long will you stay there?

10:01 pm
Just 3 days. What country are you in now?

10:01 pm
Thailand. The day after tomorrow we'll be in the Philippines then Taiwan then Japan.

It would've been nice to spend some time with her here.

10:02 pm
Aww too bad we're unable to meet up here. This is supposed to be my boss's trip but he's not feeling well so he asked me to go instead.

10:02 pm
He trust you that much then. Which hotel are you on?

10:02 pm
At Tokyo Prince hotel. This room is really meant for bosses, I feel like one. It's huge.

10:03 pm
Yeah that's a great hotel, you're near the Tokyo Tower.

10:03 pm
Yeah it's actually on my view now. I'm at the balcony, it looks great.

10:03 pm
Yeah the city view at night really looks great. I'm also at the balcony now.

10:04 pm
If this meeting was assigned to me I would've scheduled it at the same time you're here. It would've been great looking at the same view together.

She didn't reply right away. Was It too much? I just want her to know I'd love to be with her again. Missing her kills me.

10:07 pm
Yeah, that would've been great. I remembered those nights at your terrace.

10:07 pm
You missed it?

Yes, I purposely said that since it'll have lots of meanings. Cause I miss it too. I missed our moments by the tearrace, I missed the days were we would just hang out at my place watching something, talking, eating. I missed us.

10:08 pm
I do. It's been a while.

10:08 pm
Yeah it's been a while. You're always welcome to come back anytime.

There she goes again, not replying right away.

10:09 pm
Hey, can you recommend a great restaurant while I'm here. I'm tired to ight so I just went for hotel food.

It took half an hour before she replied.

10:39 pm
Sorry for the late reply. We arrived at the hotel and settle ourselves in to our rooms.

10:39 pm
In Tokyo, I would recommend Ichiran Ramen. They're ramen is to die for.

10:39 pm
With that kind of description makes me want to go there now. Is that one of your favorite restaurant here?

10:10 pm
Yeah, sadly there's no 'Ai ga mieru yō ni natta' there.

10:10 pm
Aww that is indeed sad. That's very memorable.

Love made visible. That restaurant brings a lot of memories. Particularly the time where I successfully copied their dishes, thus naming it 'Chaeng's Love made Visible'. That was the night I almost kissed her. I wonder if she remembers it too.