XXIX. Beauty and Brains.

Chaeyoung.

The day of the inauguration came. I was not that excited unlike Mark who rented a nice suit, had a haircut and styled it too.

Whereas I just bought a black cocktail dress, partnered with a black shawl and black stilettos. I had my hair up in a bun with a few strands of hair left at front. I did a light makeup too.

We arrived at the new building of JYP Entertainment 15 minutes before the event started which is 5pm sharp. Mr. Lim arrived shortly after us. The guests were starting to arrive, walking on the red carpet. Mark wanted to walk there but I didn't agree. He then sulked until the group he's been waiting for arrived.

Mark: Twice is here!

I knew he'd be like this. I thought as I saw him hurriedly went towards the front as though he's one of the photographers. There was this great hype among the crowds as 2 black vans pull up and the members got out and walked towards the red carpet. People behind me came forward as the group stopped and pose for the cameras. I can't see through the many heads in front of me so I just stayed where I was.

The inauguration started with the cutting of the ribbon. Then we all went inside I have to drag Mark for he was busy looking at our front where the girl group were.

Me: Mark seriously I'm starting to regret bringing you here. Keep yourself together. You'll see them later once we've settled on our seats. So chill okay.

Mark: okay okay mother. Geez, why are you grumpy today. What's with you?

Me: Nothing. I'm just not comfortable with this kind of events.

After a few minutes we were directed to the hall towards our seats. Mr. Lim saw me and gestures for us to sit with them which is the table at the front. I was hesitant but Mark was holding on to my arm and led me towards them. JYP was also at that table stood as he saw me.

Mr. Park: Woah, Ms. Son? I almost didn't recognize you there. You look amazing.

Me: Thanks, not bad yourself too sir. 

I don't like how he looks so I drag Mark, he can be useful after all.

Me: Mr. Park, this is Mark he works with me at the firm. He's my date.

Mark, who was smiling, suddenly frowns as he heard me. I nudge him and he greeted Mr. Park.

Mark: Hi Mr. Park, I'm Mark. I'm a fan of yours and Twice too.

Mr. Park: nice to meet you. That's great you'll be seeing them perform later. Well, Let's start then. I need you and Mr. Lim to accompany me at the stage please.

I panicked. Why do I need to be there? A lot of people are watching. Even celebrities and Singers.

Me: uhmm... Sir, I'm okay here. I think Mr. Lim will represent the company.

Mr. Park: Mr. Lim isn't the one who designed the building. I need you there. You don't have to say anything. I'll just introduce you. All you need to do is smile and be pretty as you are.

The staff gestured to Mr. Park that they're ready. Mr. Park stood and offered his hand to me. I have no choice but I took his arm instead. He led me towards the stairs to the stage. As we reached the stage He led me to the center. He then walked and took the mic out of the mic stand.

Mr. Park: Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank you all for coming to this Important event for our company.

He continued on about a brief history of their company and old building. I'm glad I can't see a thing for the lights shine so bright. Yet knowing there were a lot of people watching still makes me nervous.

Mr. Park: You see, we've been planning this for years and when we could finally give it a go, Finally, I immediately searched for a company to help build our building. My man here, my cousin who's the CEO of Kim Architecture Inc. offered his services. He's not cheap but of course I got a discount.

The crowd laughed.

Mr. Park: He told me that they could build the perfect building as how I envision it and He have the perfect man for the job. Only that she's a she. I'm pleased to introduce the architect and interior designer for our building, Ms. Son Chaeyoung.

I can't believe it he just put me in the spotlight. But I can't believe my ears too as the crowd did applauded.

Mr. Park: I bet you all must have thought that she's a model or our new talent right? No, she's not just all beauty but also talented. So talented that she even exceeded my expectation. So please let me show you her creation using my imagination.

He pointed at the big screen at our back. We went back to our table.

Mark leaned closer.

Mark: exceed expectations, beauty and brains. Hermione is that you?

I slap his arm.

Mark: honestly, he's right. You could've been part of Twice.

Me: Shut up.

Mark: What? I'm a proud bf here.

The crowd reacted as the video now focus on the vocal rooms and studios. I've never felt more proud as I watched what I've been working hard for months was now being applauded by the guests.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note:

Sorry for publishing this late. I've been busy lately. But still thanks for reading.

The Feels is out and there's a lot of michaeng content. Our heart is full again hahaha. 😍