LXXXIV. Home?

Chaeyoung.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Without looking at who was calling, I swipe to answer it.

A loud voice startled me. "Yah! Don't you dare hung up on me! Why do you keep ignoring me!"

That immediately woke me up, recognizing her voice. Sana. I didn't intentionally ignored her last night, it's just hard for me knowing Mina left to Japan for good. I just needed to be alone for a while.

Me: Sorry. I just. I just don't have the strength to talk or even think. My mind was overflowing already.

Sana: I see. I know it's hard.

Sana seemed to have calmed down. Probably because she's sad for me.

Me: I'll be alright. It's actually good she's miles away. That way I won't be tempted anymore.

Sana: Right. And because of that let's meet for lunch. I won't take no for an answer. I'll message you the place later.

Me: Why later?

Sana: I'm still looking for that restaurant that I missed.

Me: Okay. Around 12?

Sana: Yeah. See yah.

Me: Okay bye.

Sana: bye!

-------------------------------------------------------

Sana.

"Uggh! Seriously this girl!" That's what I repeatedly said last night when I can't contact Chaeyoung.

Not hearing from her makes me think of two things and both are equally dreadful. First, it might mean she failed to reach the airport in time. She's out there somewhere don't shutting herself from the world pouring her heart out. Second, she might have been into an accident. But If that's what happen I should be hearing some news about her now.

I tried so hard not to think of either one. I kept calling til midnight but still she won't answer.

The next day as soon as I woke up I called her again. This time, she picked it up after a few rings. I scolded her right away but then calmed down upon hearing her voice. I told her to meet me later for lunch. After talking to her, I was in deep thought. It's hard seeing those two like this. If only there's a way. A hand suddenly appeared in front of me. It was Jihyo. I didn't even noticed that she entered my room.

Jihyo: I knocked twice but you didn't answer. Now I know why. Have you talked to her?

Me: Yeah, that's why I'm like this. I can feel her sadness on her voice.

Jihyo looked disheartened.

Jihyo: So they didn't meet then. It's like fate is not letting them meet.

Me: I hope this is not how their fate would be. I'm meeting her later.

Jihyo: That's good, cheer her up.

Jihyo stood and that's when I realized she's fully dressed.

Me: I see you're going out early.

Jihyo: Yeah, Daniel just got off work and wants to meet to eat.

Me: I see. Enjoy your date then.