XLI. Busted.

No ones POV.

It took them a few minutes of just staring at each other. Both processing the fact that they're seeing each other unexpectedly. It's been two years since they last saw each other, with the thought of not seeing each other again.

Yet there they were, Chaeyoung lying on the sand tired from her morning run and Mina who's kneeling beside her whom she thought have collapsed.

Unbeknownst to each other, they're both thinking the same thing. Is this a dream? They both have been thinking of each other recently that they subconsciously thought they're seeing each other for real.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mina.

Is it really her or was I just hallucinating cause I haven't eaten breakfast yet.

Me: Chaeng?

She gasped upon hearing me.

Chaeng: Is it really you?

I smiled. It seems that we're thinking the same thing. Yet I wasn't prepared when she smiled back. Unprepared to see her dimples even the intensity of her stare again. I stopped smiling and avoided her gaze. Silently praying that I'm not blushing for I can feel the heat rising on my face.

I notice I was still kneeling and her semi lying down on the sand.

Me: Are you okay? I rushed over cause I saw you collapsed.

Chaeng: I'm okay. See?

She quickly sat down smiling but after a few seconds she stopped smiling and put a hand on her forehead.

Clearly she's not okay.

Me: You must be dizzy because of exhaustion. You shouldn't push yourself too hard.

I myself got taken aback on what I've said.

Chaeng: Yeah, I guess you're right. I enjoyed it too much that I didn't notice that I ran nonstop for almost an hour. Don't worry It'll pass.

She tried to stand but her legs were wobbly that she can't balance herself. I took hold of her arm and help her stand.

Me: I think you should rest for a bit. Are you staying here in the resort?

Chaeng: yeah, 3rd villa from the end.

Did her voice just changed, for she said it as if she's drunk. I suddenly felt afraid that she'll faint anytime.

Me: That's too far. My villa is just 2 villas from here. Let's go.

Chaeng: you're villa? Uhm... It's okay. I'm okay, I'll just go on mine.

She tried to walk but stopped after the first step and took hold of her head again. She suddenly looked paler. I quickly took hold of her arm.

Me: Your villa is far and you can't even walk on your own. And I won't let you go looking so pale.

Still holding her arm, I put my other arm on her shoulder and guided her towards my villa. I ignored the awkwardness cause she's not feeling well. I didn't fail to notice how close we were and the reaction I'm feeling on my tummy.

We reached my villa and let her lie down at the sofa. I was about to go when she took hold of my hand. Volts of electricity shot from her hand to mine and traveled throughout my body. It still feels the same as before with just a contact with her skin.

I looked at her. She then talked while her eyes are still closed.

Chaeng: Thanks pretty angel.

Upon hearing that, it sends another wave of electricity throughout my body with a much stronger force than before.

Good thing her eyes were closed for I feel that I'm really red right now. I cleared my throat and said:

Me: You're welcome knight.

It was bold for her to say that but even for me to reply that way.

I then saw her smile. She haven't changed a bit. Her smile faded slowly as her hand slowly loosen. Before it fell, I placed her hand on her side. I smiled seeing how she peacefully sleeps.

I heard a knock which startled me and made me walk hurriedly towards the door, careful not to wake Chaeng.

The staff brought my breakfast. I ordered through him another set for Chaeng to eat later. I specifically said to change the coffee to a hot chocolate.

I ate my breakfast at the porch. After eating I was just staring at the sea and occasionally glance inside the villa checking if Chaeng is already up.

I got lost in my thoughts thinking of what happened earlier. Who would've thought we'd be seeing each other again.

I often wonder how is she doing nowadays. Now that I have the opportunity, would I have the guts to ask?

Two hours have passed I decided to check on her. I went in and moved closer to where she was. She was lying too still so I kneeled beside her looking a her intently. I let out a sigh as I confirmed that she's still breathing and noticed that she regained color on her face. Her eyes were closed yet I remember how it glows whenever she smiles. But earlier her stare was different, more like her eyes are sad.

Soon I found myself staring at her, which I can't help. From her eyes, my gaze fell on her cute nose then landed on her lips. That luscious lips looked so full and pink. It's like I'm in a trance just by staring at her lips. Before I can help it, my hand started to move on it's own. I was thinking how soft her lips were suddenly my finger was there caressing her lower lip. Enjoying it's softness, my finger traced her lips.

While doing so, I took a glance at her eyes. I suddenly went stiff and felt cold shivers building up from my spine travelling throughout my body. I was now staring at her eyes.

I quickly withdrew my hand and stood.

Me: I...uhm...I'm... I... i was about to wake you up. You must be thirsty and hungry since you passed out earlier. I...I'll go heat it up first.

This is so embarrassing. I was fidgeting, stuttering and I'm sure my face is now bloody red.

I hurriedly went to the kitchen. As the microwave heats up her food and drink, I was trying to calm myself. But how? She caught me and I'm not even sure on how long was she looking. I put my face on my hand thinking why do I have to do that?

How can I face her after that? I hope she won't ask nor talk about it for I'm sure I don't have an answer.

The food was done. Mina get a grip! I told myself trying to calm down and took a deep breath. I'm more nervous now than going on stage for our concert. Things that only Chaeng makes me feel.

After one last deep breath, I took her food and drink and went back to the living area.

She was already sitting and was staring at where I was. She followed me with her eyes yet she looked like she have zoned out and wasn't even blinking. As soon as I put down her food and drink, I snapped my fingers in front of her which startled her.

Me: hey, you okay? You zoned out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note:

Just want to tell you guys that there's only few chapters remaining. I'm excited to share how this story will end, yet I'm also sad to finish it too.