LXXVI. Anxiety Attack.

Mina.

We arrived at a fashion event that we were invited into. I was one of the last who got out of the car. Though annoying it maybe, we're used to those flashing lights now and posed for pictures. We moved on to the reporters where we saw Somi. As I grew nearer to where Somi was I noticed someone beside her. Her stance even the way she moves looked so familiar. Wait, is that her.

Me: Chaeng?

The girls looked at where I was looking. Sana, who now noticed her, shrieked and came to hug her. To my horror the rest of the girls hugged her too. I was just there rooted to where I was standing. Jihyo approached me and whispered. 'Mina, wake up. There are cameras. You have no choice but to hug her or they will noticed it.'

She talked fast for she was leading me to her. We stopped in front of her. I smiled and went nearer to hug her.

It was nerve wracking. I don't know how will she react. I can feel myself sweating and cold at the same time.

As I smiled and went near her, she smiled too and hugged me back. It felt like everything was in slow motion. I can't believe I'm hugging her right now. I don't know if there will be a next time for this. I might not see her again so I hugged her tight.

What happened next was not planned nor intentional. I wasn't thinking, I just blurted it out. As I was hugging her, I whispered, 'I'm gonna miss you'.

Somi: You guys know each other?

Then I released her and stepped back with the girls hiding myself from view for my tears are threatening to fall.

Sana: Yeah, we're friends.

Nayeon: Yeah we've met, PDnim introduced us. But she and Mina knows each other...

Jeongyeon took Nayeon unnie's arm.

Jeongyeon: Sorry to bother your interview.

Reporter: Oh not at all. It's actually nice to see you all being friends despite of being on different industry. How did you girls met?

I felt a hand on mine. I looked up it was Momo unnie who were smiling. She went closer and whispered, 'Chin up, let them see your pretty face'. I smiled and looked ahead.

Jihyo: Yeah, we met when we were just trainees.

Somi: I was a trainee to before but sadly didn't make it to be part of twice.

Nayeon: yet she excelled in modeling.

I tuned out everything around me. My focus was on Chaeng. She was facing Somi so what I could see is her side profile. I stared at her as if taking a picture and memorizing every part of her. This might be the last time I will see her so I don't regret what I whispered earlier.

Then suddenly everything was tuned back in as I saw Somi reached out and cling to Chaeng's arm.

I know that she's with Somi but it hasn't sinked a while ago for I was so stunned upon seeing Chaeng again.
How did they know each other?

Jihyo: You looked like you're gonna eat Somi anytime.

I shook my head and tried to change my expression. The two looked at us and waved as they went inside the venue.

After the brief interview, we were led inside. We were all seated at the front row at the right side of the stage. I was looking around when Jihyo nudge me and said, 'your knight is at the front'.

Me: I guess she's someone else's knight now.

Jihyo looked at me with her worried eyes. I gave her a weak smile and looked ahead. They were there, seated at the front row at the other side of the stage. I boldly looked at her. When our eyes met she quickly looked somewhere else.