XVI. All or none.

Jihyo.

As soon as he left. The girls started talking at the same time. I went silent for a while.

I can't believe what I just heard. They choose not to renew. There were talks inside the company but nothing's certain. This only meant one thing. We can't have solo projects. I then thought our groups's doing good there's no time to think about going solo. We're well taken care of despite our hectic schedule.

The girls seems to be happy on where we are right now. They're happy right.

Manager unnie went to me and said we'll be doing practice for now. I told her I need to talk to the girls first alone, just us. Manager unnie noded and told the staff to clear out the room.

I then stood and said

Me: Girls, one at a time please.

They all went silent. That's why I love these girls, they listen to me well.

Me: unnie?

Nayeon: it's just... It's just super sad. I know that having a solo career is every artist's goal. But losing the group... it's like... Too bad ... Too sad...

She's even lost for words.

Me: Jeongyeon?

Jeongyeon: It is sad. But like what Pdnim said, that's not a sudden decision. But I don't agree with PDnim, that they weren't united. They must've talked about it for months. That's not a decision made up of just a member. They decided as a group. But...

She paused looking at us.

Jeongyeon: Is it just me or somehow that it felt like a threat? Not a threat to us but threat like (suddenly changed her voice to a deeper one) "all of you will sign or none. Take it or leave it." That kind of threat. I don't know it's just felt that way.

She was right. Somehow it felt that way.

Me: Momo?

Momo: I don't know about you girls, but for me. After 2 years, 6years, or 10 years more no matter how long. I'd still be in twice as long as all of you are.

That's so touching. I can feel tears building up. Sana noticed and went to hug me.

Sana: omo! You're making our leader tear up.

Me: that was so sweet Momo. Thank you. Sana?

She was still hugging me when she spoke.

Sana: I'm in as long as were together.

Mina was already tearing up.

Me: Mina?

It took a few seconds before she answered.

Mina: 2 years ago I battled the biggest challenge I've ever faced. As I have told you before, those times that I wasn't with you girls. I felt scared. Scared of what will happen if I didn't resume my career. That gave me strength. To not give up. Not give up my dream. Not give up for you and our once.

She's now crying harder. Me and Sana went to hug her.

Me: and we're so proud how brave you were. Thank you. Dahyun?

Dahyun was wiping her tears then spoke.

Dahyun: Like what Sana unnie said, I'm in if you all are.

I smiled at her. Then looked at Tzuyu. It took some time before she spoke.

Tzuyu: Twice forever!

We suddenly laughed.

Jeongyeon: yah! You ruined the mood. You took your time and that's all you say?

I was laughing and tearing up at the same time.

Me: that's what you call short and powerful.

We laughed again.

Jeongyeon: mic approaching. I can feel this will be the longest one.

I made face at her.

Nayeon: shhh.... Let our leader talk.

Me: girls. You know that I've spent 10 years as a trainee with one goal in mind, to debut. Now that we have debuted and were running 5 years now. I don't know if you have thought of this too. But isn't the next goal is to have a solo career? But hearing Pdnim, hearing what all of you have in mind. I realize something. Fear. Fear of losing you all. My success isn't just mine but ours. I wouldn't be here if there's no Twice. I'm not saying this because I owe it to all of you. I'm saying this cause this is what I want to do. As your leader, I encourage you to speak what truly is in your heart. Ill summarize what you all said. After 2 years our contract will end, after 2 years whatever each of us decided on we will respect it and accept it. Twice is 8 members and will always be 8.

I paused and looked at them they were either tearing up or looking sad and serious.

Me: All of us or none at all... (Trying to copy Jeongyeon's voice)

Jeongyeon: yah! I didn't sound like Golum!

We all laughed.

Me: yah!

I said wiping my tears while laughing.

Jeongyeon: what? You're the one who ruined the mood.

After a while we stopped laughing and looked at each other.

Me: seriously girls, I love you all.

Sana: awwww

She hugged me again which followed by Nayeon until all of us were hugging each other.

After a few minutes we sat down again.

Momo: now I'm hungry again.

We all laughed. Then as if it's on cue, the managers came in and brought i think 6 boxes of pizza and 3 bottles of soda.

Manager unnie: from Pdnim, he said sorry to disturb your lunch.

We all cheered and helped ourselves with a pizza.

Manager unnie: you could rest for an hour then we could proceed with the practice.

Me: okay. Girls give unnie a box to share with the managers.

Jeonyeon, Momo and Mina took slices of each flavor and put it on a box and handed it to manager unnie.

Manager unnie: thanks girls.

Me: we have an hour of free time before we practice.

They all noded. We were left alone again at the room. Silently eating.

Jeongyeon: we havent been here long but I've already felt exhausted.

Momo: me too.

Dahyun: is it just me or this pizza really taste good.

Tzuyu: we're so hungry that everything will taste good.

Nayeon: I agree.

Me: I hope the practice room at our new building would be bigger.

Momo: Oh yeah!

Nayeon: I heard there'll be a gameroom.

Me: that's great!

Nayeon: and an organic cafe too

Sana: organic cafe? Never heard of one.

Momo: I bet the canteen would be bigger too.

Jeongyeon: all she thinks about is food.

We all laughed. No matter how hard it is, no matter how hectic it can get, we have each other to rely on. I love these girls so much.