LXIX. The Agreement.

Mina.

I stayed at the room letting the recent events sink in. Grandpa really isn't joking, seeing him here confirms that. I hadn't forgotten our agreement, how could I...

~~~_Flashback_~~~

2 years ago...

I had a lot to think about when I got home from our dinner after the new building's inauguration. After washing up my thoughts drifted on what had just happened today. I then heard my phone ring. I looked at it was Papa video calling me. I answered it right away.

Papa's face immediately popped on the screen. He looked tired. As soon as he saw me he smiled but I noticed his smile didn't reach his eyes. I instantly knew something is up.

Me: Papa, you called? Is everything okay?

Papa: Hi baby. Yes everything's okay. How are you there?

Not good. My thoughts are confusing me. Or was it my feelings that's really confusing me. But of course I wouldn't tell Papa that.

Me: Everything's good. Why did you called Papa?

His expression suddenly changed. I'm not sure but he looked nervous.

Papa: Baby, remember when I told you your grandpa keeps an eye on you there right?

Papa told me that when he finally agreed to let me train in South Korea.

Me: Yes papa, why?

Papa: when I say he kept an eye on you, he really did. He hired someone to keep a close watch on you. That person reports to him regularly. One time he told him you're seeing someone secretly. That you didn't tell anyone even your members. I told him that will probably just your friend.

I was so shocked that cold shivers suddenly flood my body. I knew grandpa keeps an eye on me but not to this extreme that he had me followed and watch my every move.

Papa: Baby?

Me: Yes papa, go on.

Papa: Baby, you know how your grandpa is. When he learned that the one you're seeing secretly was a girl he was relieved. Not until...

He paused a few seconds, his hand on his mouth for a while and took a deep breath. He's making me nervous.

Me: Papa?

Papa: Yeah... Uhm... He... You were photographed together even had shots at the terrace. you two were so close to each other almost like...

Memories came flashing back the time I was with her by the terrace. On my first time on her place, Chaeyoung and I were on a blanket because of the cold. The wind blew so she cast aside some hairs on my face. We were like that whenever we're at the terrace watching the view. Yet one time I remembered that she got so close and even caressed my face with her hand.

Another wave of cold shivers spread on my body. No.

Papa: Baby?

I looked at Papa's worried face.

Me: Have you seen it?

Papa: Yes. Baby, the photos. It.. it looks like you were more intimate than just a friend.

I went silent. I don't know what to say. Grandpa is very old fashioned. I assume he's not open minded either that he wouldn't understand those things.

Papa: Baby? Baby... I want you to know that whatever it is... Me and your mom understand. We... We will love you no matter what. But baby your grandpa...