XX. Excited.

Chaeyoung.

I woke up to the alarm. It's 6.40am. I hurriedly sat and was about to get up when I remembered that I'm on leave. I groaned for I forgot to turn off the alarm last night. I smiled thinking I could stay in bed longer. So this is what a vacation feels like. I lie down and slept right away.

I woke up 10.20am with the sunlight shining brightly on my face. I smiled realizing there's no work today. I closed my eyes again then suddenly her face popped on my mind. I hurriedly sat and looked for my phone which is not at my bedside table.

I stood and check it in my bag. It's not there too. I then start to panic, where could it be. I tried to remember where was the last time I used it. I remembered I ordered pizza and also check if there's a message from Mina. I ran out towards the living room and was relieved as I saw my phone at the table. I immediately took it and check the messages.

Mark and Mina messaged me. My heart was pounding fast as I immediately clicked Mina's message. Now it's 2x faster as I read what she said.

She wants to do those things she suggested but don't have time to do so but... She's free tomorrow just tell her what I want to do.

I fell on my sofa head first burying my face on the pillow and screamed. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm overwhelmed with happiness. She's willing to spend her rest day with me.

Shit. I sat down. Okay Chaeyoung. Breathe. Calm down. I told myself. Breathing in and out. Remember she thinks of you as a new friend. Don't give meaning to it. Friends can allot time to each other. Right. She's straight. She's straight.

I composed myself and typed in.

10.22am

It's a wonderful morning! A certain someone made my morning extra good as her message was the first I read this morning.
Well, what can we do? Oh yeah, how about that date? We could have dinner here in my place. As promised, I'll cook but are you ready to experience the worst food by the worst cook ever? 🤣
Really, don't expect much. But don't worry I'll make it edible enough. 😜
I'm really glad you're willing to waste your free time with me.
Eat as soon as you wake up.

Then I realized something. I panicked. What should I cook. I ran towards the refrigerator scanning what's inside.

No. No. No. Me telling myself as I thought of recipes using what I have.

Then I thought of what I cooked before. She might love that. But I don't have some of the ingredients. I need to buy it. I then went to the bathroom took a quick shower put on some clothes. I went to the kitchen to reheat the pizza, while waiting I noticed the notification for Mark's message.

8.12am

Yah! Why you didn't tell me? I was wondering why you're not here yet. Wow! 2 days leave! Weird though cause you never take leaves.  Congratulations on the project! I knew they'd love it. When will we celebrate? Hit me up!

8.12am
By the way your car is here they gave me the keys. Should I drop it to your place?

Yes! Great timing the car issued by the company is here.

11.08am

I went to your room to but you had your lunch out that time we finished the meeting. then I got so busy that I forgot to tell you. I'd come over now would it be okay if you meet me at the lobby with the keys. I'd make it quick since need to do something. I have something to give you too. I'll call you when I get there. Thanks!