LII. Pain.

Mina.

Waking up was painful. My head and even my whole body hurts. I sat up trying to take it all in. I was in my room and I quickly glanced beside me and saw Momo sleeping. Why is Momo here?

Chaeyoung! Memories of last night suddenly came flooding on my mind. I covered my face with my hands. What a horrible person I was to hurt her that much. Her tear soaking face lingers on my mind. My head hurts but my heart seems hurt much more. I hurt her again.

Life is unfair. Why can't life just go on easily. Why does it always have to be complicated.

Momo seemed to be awake now. She sat up and immediately stroke my back. I want to cry again but my eyes seemed to dried up from all the tears I've spent last night.

Momo: wait here.

Momo ran out of the room then went back in.

Momo: come let's have breakfast.

I don't feel like eating. But Momo didn't wait for any answer. She took me by the arm and dragged me out of the room and have me sit by the dining table. Manager unnie set down a cup of coffee as well as medicine for headache.

Both of them were looking at me. So I picked up a croissant and took a bite. The two seems like were holding their breath for they sighed deeply. Momo smiled and started helping herself with some toast bacon and eggs.

I kept eating for the two kept glancing at me. I suddenly noticed Sana was missing.

Me: Where's Sana?

Momo and manager unnie looked at each other and was about to answer when the hotel room's door opened. Sana went in with her hair all wet.

Sana: What's this?! eating breakfast without us?

Us? I was puzzled but suddenly I stopped breathing for behind her was Chaeng.

Chaeng: Great! I'm starving.

Sana and her approached the table. I was staring with my mouth open. I can't believe my eyes. Is Chaeng really here? The event last night, was that just a nightmare? Was I imagining things for drinking too much?

Momo put the remains of my croissant on my open mouth.

Momo: Eat so you could drink your meds.

Chaeng: May I have one too? My head's killing me right now.

She asked Momo when the medicine was beside me. So that's it then. What happened last night was real. She chose not to leave she'll just ignore me as if I wasn't here. I did deserve that.

I gave Momo the bottle and she handed one pill to Chaeng.

She looked calm though. I know she's just pretending. She's still here because of Sana and Momo. I know how much she hates me. How much hurt I caused her.

Sana: So here's our itinerary for today. We'll go to the beach! There's a surf store where we can buy some stuff, I want a full body wetsuits.

It seems like they've already talked
about what to do. I can only think of one way so that at least this vacation won't be ruined.

Me: I think I'll....

Sana cut me off.

Sana: When I say we, I mean all of us. Everyone will come with No exceptions.

She eyed me then smiled and went on eating her croissant. I guess I have no choice huh. So we'll just pretend and ignore each other while we're on vacation. Fair enough. I don't want to ruin the Sana an Momo's vacation just because of me and Chaeng's issue.

After breakfast we went out and headed towards the surf store. We all bought a full body wet suit. We then headed to the beach.

We were all excited except Momo who's not a great swimmer. She chose not to surf, just to swim.

We reached the surf area rented surf boards and have someone to teach us.
We were amazed how beautiful the place was. The waves weren't that big perfect for first time surfers like us.

We met our instructors. After our lesson, they led us towards the sea. We all tried to stand and failed on each attempt.

We were having a lot of fun. We were laughing at each other on how each other looked whenever we tried to stand. None of us gave up. After the 4th or 5th try we all got to stand even just for a few seconds. Momo who was also watching us captured everything on video.

A few minutes in, the wave started to rise yet as per the instructors it's still on the safe level for beginners.

It was now my turn so I waited a while for the wave to build up and then paddled. I began to stand as I ride the wave. I was able to stand a few seconds before I lost my balance.

I swam up when suddenly I felt extreme pain on my leg unabling me to swim. The muscles on my leg are cramping. It's like the muscles are getting hard and climbing up on my leg. I tried pushing the muscle down but to no avail it still hurts.

I can't hold my breath any longer and Im running out of air. Thoughts suddenly came flooding on my mind. My parents, brother, members and friends even Chaeyoung's face popped up on my head. Is this how Ill die?