XXXVIII. 2 years.

2 YEARS LATER . . .

No one's POV:

Mina and Chaeyoung both have been doing well on each other's careers. Sadly they haven't seen each other since that night at the balcony.

Chaeyoung:

Chaeyoung, one of the top architect in her company, received more projects after being recognized for her work at the JYP Entertainment building.

She began to be active socially. Once in a while, when not working, she and her friends go on a trip. Either hiking, go on a nature reserve resort or a beach trip. Every weekends she jog too.

She must have to do something instead of being alone on her apartment. She even thought of moving out too but she shuts the thought down as soon as she thought of it. There are things she's not ready to change yet. All this because of her, Mina. Two years have passed yet she still think about her.

She sometimes wonder why, cause they've just spend a few months together. They're not even in a relationship. Yet losing her greatly affects her. She's way much difficult to forget than her ex. She often wonder how did she fell for her that fast yet so difficult to forget. Because of this, she can't help but agree with books cause it's right when it says, "It's easy to fall in love but so hard to fall out of".

She tried to start dating again. Mark and her friends set her up either with their friend or from a dating app. She have been on a dozen dates yet no one captures her attention. She had a few interesting and fun dates but not enough to go for a second date.

Once, she dated someone who's so bubbly and funny. They laughed almost the whole date. She also dated an architect which was a friend of one of Chaeyoung's coworker. They have a lot in common so the conversation went on smoothly.

She even dated a fan of Twice, which she have no idea that she was. She literally talks about them the whole night. She's like their own personal reporter who knows everything about them. It was awkward at first but Chaeyoung's curiosity or should I say her longing for Mina got the best of her.

She learned a lot from her date. They're busy making a new album which will target the world market. Mina's more into sports nowadays even goes out with Jihyo and other idols or friends. She even asked her date about who they're dating. She's somewhat relieved that Mina's still single. Their date wasn't disappointing like what she thought at first but that's mainly because their conversation revolved around Mina.

As interesting as those dates might have been, yet as soon as she's alone at her home, her loneliness quickly kicks in. She's back to her old self again.

It was different with Mina, after the first time they met she still thinks about her even when she's already at home. She even looks forward on her messages. There's this strong need to talk to her and see her again. So strong that it felt almost addictive. Those are the feelings she can't feel for anyone else.

One time she can't contain the thought of her anymore, she almost went out to look for her just to see her. So she tried to do everything she can just to take her out of those thoughts. She then decided to run by the Han river. After running for an hour she stopped to rest. She sat by the edge of the riverbank. She then remembered that night where she said this is where she'll let her go. Yet she didn't. She couldn't. Somehow a part of her enjoys how Mina still lingers in her memories, the closest thing she have of her.

Mina:

While Mina, who's a member of the kpop group Twice, have been busy more than ever due to their plan to expand worldwide.

For her, It was a perfect distraction, being able to do something everyday rather than doing nothing. Cause if not, it will just make her mind think all day about something she's been trying to forget two years now. Or should I say someone. Chaeyoung.

She keeps denying at first how she feels, yet her body language, her mood even her heart makes it all obvious. She didn't expect to fall specially to the same gender. She got scared for her career and for her member's too, so she have to make a tough decision. She decided to not let that feeling progress. She never thought that it would be the most difficult decision she had ever done.

She can't stop thinking about her and it gets worse when she's alone. The first year after she last met her was the worst. This was the first time she ever felt that way. Mina is an introvert, after what happened she distanced herself more. The other members noticed that she looked restless and sad all of the time and it worries them. They're afraid that Mina's anxiety attacks would reoccur, so they tried to make her comfortable without the feeling of being forced.

Mina is very generous that she give small gifts to her members every now and then. This time it was the members who do this for her.

Nayeon never forgets to give her their favorite snack whenever she orders it. Jeongyeon who also into games plays with her when they have time. Momo gives her Japanese snacks that she orders through her sister. Dahyun who now loves to make her own chocolates gives her more than the others with small notes inside the box. Tzuyu, who's into baking nowadays, always gives her pastries since they both love it.

Sana, who was also close to Chaeyoung, also don't get to hang with her anymore. Sana knew how Mina felt so, although she enjoys the company, she stayed away from her. She couldn't stand hurting Mina or even seeing her hurt like now. Whenever she can she tries to cheer her up even hugs her more.

Jihyo, the only one whom Mina told about how she felt, helped her to cope. They both needed it since Jihyo broke up with her boyfriend. Whenever their schedule is free, they started to go out more. They tried learning how to surf, play soccer and even tennis.

She's letting herself enjoy now, slowly getting out of that sad bubble she's been living in. She opened herself more and tries to be more cheerful. The members noticed this and was happy for her yet they still do those small things for her whenever they can.

In two years a lot changed yet one thing doesn't. Whenever something reminds of her, she can't help but feel that same tingling on her stomach and that pang in her heart. Sadly as much as she tries to, her heart's still stuck with memories of her.