LXVIII. The Selfish and the Unselfish.

Mina.

We arrived safely back at Korea in the morning. Then we had our lunch sponsored by the company. Chaeng called congratulating me for we completed successfully the world tour. She also asked if we can meet later after her work and I agreed.

We went back to our dorm and rested for a while.

Ay 4 pm I started preparing. After taking a shower my phone rang and it was Manager unnie who said PDnim wants to talk to me now saying it's urgent. The driver is now waiting at the lobby. Of all the time why now? It'll be the first time me and Chaeng will meet again.

I hurriedly dressed up, took my things and went down to the lobby. Manager unnie was waiting for me at the entrance. She guided me up towards the meeting room.

I went in the meeting room and immediately saw PDnim who was standing by the board.

Me: PDnim, you called for me?

PDnim: Ah, Mina, yes. Will you please have a sit here.

He gestured the one on his right. I noticed someone was sitting at PDnim's left side whom I can't see for the back of his chair was facing me.

As I went nearer the man on the chair turned his chair. I was shocked seeing who it was.

Me: Grandpa?

Why was he here? And with PDnim? Oh no...

PDnim: I'll let you two talk.

As soon as the door closed I said:

Me: Grandpa, you did not...

Grandpa: You're not giving me a choice

Me: A choice? But I...

Grandpa: Don't lie. I know what happened in Paris.

This shocked me. How did he know that? Does this means...

Me: You still had me followed? Don't you trust...

Grandpa: Trust? This isn't just about trust Mina. Our Family's legacy and dignity is at stake here! I can't have a granddaughter as my heir that is a...

Me: A what grandpa?

He looked at me with anger and so did I. He leaned back and took a deep breath and spoke.

Grandpa: We have an agreement Mina and what you're doing is unacceptable!

Me: Unacceptable? What is it exactly that I'm doing that's unacceptable? Maybe our perception of unacceptable are different.

He looked at me shocked probably with me talking back at him.

Grandpa: Is this what you have learned here? I knew it! this was a mistake! I told your father this is not how a Myoi should grow up. You were always the smart one but why chose this?

Me: Yes we had an agreement, an agreement that shouldn't have existed at all. We're at an era where everyone has the freedom to choose. You can't choose my future for me. Just for the love of preserving your precious company you're willing to give up your granddaughter's happiness. You're not protecting your family's legacy, you're only protecting your position. Protect your family's legacy? but this is how you treat your family. Your company is not your legacy, your family is. Now I wonder if I really have your blood on my veins.

Grandpa: How dare you to speak to me like that!

He suddenly stood up with his hand hitting the table.