IV. Love made Visible

Mina.

Her: Wow you're so pretty.

Gosh. This girl keeps making me feel things. Her stare, her smile even her words. Ughhhh...

I can feel my cheeks burning. I want to hide under the table from embarrassment.

Not that I'm full of myself nor bragging too, but I do hear these praises often but not like how she said it. I'm not even sure if it's how she said it, or is it because it came from her. The feeling from my tummy gets more worse specially when she stares at me like that. i wonder is that good or bad?

Me: thanks.

I looked at her still staring but now smiling. I admit I was worried what might happen once I took off my mask. For sure she'll recognize me. Why didn't I thought about that. It just occured to me when we arrived at the restaurant that I'll eventually have to take my mask off.

With the mask off, she doesn't seems to know me. Maybe she's not into my kind of work. She might have realized that she was staring for she shook her head a little.

Her: sorry didn't mean to make you feel awkward... It's...You just startled me with your pre... I mean with you taking off the mask. I got distracted.

I laughed at her. I can't help bu think that she felt a bit nervous cause she suddenly felt the need to drink. She reached for her wine and drink it in one go.

Me: easy, we haven't even started to eat yet.

Her: well. Uhmmm... Yeah.

She coughed. I laughed at her. She's cute when nervous. Wait did i make her nervous? Mina! What are you thinking?

Her: I don't really drink wine but this tastes good.

Me: i knew you'd like it. My dad recommended that.

Her: Great... Uhmm...

She put the wine glass closer to her nose and smelled it. I smiled on how cute she is.

-------------------

Chaeyoung.

Her: Please choose anything you want.

She said as she took the tablet, which I didn't noticed was beside our table, and looked at the menu. After a few seconds she lowered it and looked at me.

I got startled as she caught me looking at her.

Her: have you decided yet?

Decide on what? I then suddenly remember the menu.

Me: Why don't you order and surprise me.

Her: okay I'll order for you then.

She took the tablet and ordered for me. I can't help but just stare at her. When she looked at me I panicked so I just smiled and quickly looked at the window.

I suddenly felt shy not knowing what to say. I can't even think straight so I just watched the shoppers walk by the street. We were quiet for a minute. It wasn't an akward silence, it's actually a comfortable one.

After a while I took a glance at her. She was also looking at the window. Oh my she really is pretty no matter what angle. My mind suddenly got flooded with questions, curious about her.

I'm not much of a talker but I don't want to bore her. I don't want her to remember our first and last meet to be a boring one. But at the very corner of my mind I hoped this won't be our last.

I took all my courage to faced her and ask what I had in mind.

Me: It's funny that we've been together for an hour now and about to have our first lunch date, yet we still don't know each other's names. I'm Chaeyoung.