XIV. Proud.

Chaeyoung.

I woke up as soon as my alarm went off. I checked my message right away and smiled as I saw her message.

2.10am

Hi. I've just arrived at home. Sorry I wasn't able to reply on your messages. I laughed when I read it. I feel sorry for your colleague. I
Don't worry I had dinner at past 8pm. We don't usually have long hours of work. It really depends on the project. Most of the time I don't get to use my phone on this type of project.
When I can't sleep, I just drink milk. It helps, you could try that too.

I'll go to sleep now. GoodKnight 😉

2am? She finished at 2am? What kind of work does she have? And she's telling me not to worry.

I noticed she only have one message but enough to make me smile.  She must've been tired too.

6.42am

Goood morning! Did you dream of me? Haha as if.
Thanks  pretty angel for making me smile this early. I thought you wouldn't reply cause you're annoyed with my messages. I'm glad I stopped myself from sending more.
Hope you rested well. Eat as soon as you wake up.
I'll go make my breakfast and get ready for work. Later 😉

As I was waiting for the bacon to cook, I thought of her again. She really is busy right? Not just making it up to avoid me. I sort of felt sad thinking about that. What made me more sad is the bacon burning. Sadly it's all burned so I just threw it and took a bowl, put cereal and milk and ate. I made hot chocolate too.

She popped again in my thoughts. She doesn't seem to be the kind of just ignoring people. If she don't want to have something to do with me she shouldn't have replied at all. I took a sip of my hot chocolate now feeling lighter than a few seconds ago.

Just be a friend and stop hoping to be more. I told myself. I noded. Right.

After breakfast I went to do my morning routine and go to work.

At the office, I buried myself with work adding some finishing touch on my current project.
I looked at the clock It's already quarter to 11am.

I took the phone and clicked the button for my secretary.

Me: Ana would you be kind to get me an iced coffee please.

Ana: the usual from the cafe?

Me: As much as I would love that but no time. I have a meeting with Mr. Lim at 11. The one from the pantry will do.

Ana: right away ma'am.

Me: thanks.

A minute later she went in with my iced coffee.

Me: Thanks.

Ana: Mr. Lim's secretary called just not to confirm about the meeting.

Me: yup. I'll head there now.

I took a sip first then took the folders and phone with me then head out towards the elevator.

I passed by Mark's office.

Mark: meeting?

Me: yeah.

Mark: it'll be an hour til lunch they're planning to eat out.

Me: okay. Don't wait for me.

Mark: message me if you finished early.