V. the Knight & the Pretty Stranger.

Chaeyoung.

We continued to talk not noticing we're both done with our lunch.

It was fun talking to her. She was kind of reserved at first, but she eventually opened up.

She described herself as like a geek, who just stays at home. She enjoy reading books, knitting, watch movies and won't go out unless necessary. She's currently working in the entertainment industry.

When i ask her about what exactly her work is, i think she didn't answer directly. Though she talked about the pressure of her work. In the entertainment industry they take everything seriously specially for idols. How it is so fast paced that sometimes it's hard to keep up. Those idols are too pressured about being the perfect role model that often affects not just their physical health but also their mental health too.

Mina: sorry i think I'm talking way too much.

Me: which is great cause I can get to know you.

Her phone suddenly rang.

Mina: excuse me, may I answer this?

Me: go. Please.

Mina: Hello?.... I'm eating lunch at my fave resto....Yes...

She was talking in Japanese. I can hear the voices but not clear enough to understand. I can hear i think 2 girls talking to her.

Mina: What? No! Uhmm... I mean I'm done eating... Okay. Where?

For a moment she looked like she's panicking.

Mina: sorry, that's my mem... I mean friends asking me to meet them.

Me: I see. That's okay. Good thing we're done eating.

She then took her card out and swiped it at the card swiping machine which again i didnt notice.

I then took out my wallet.

Me: let's split. How much is it.

Mina: nope. Not saying and besides remember this is a treat, my way of saying thank you.

Me: yah! This might cost a lot specially since we ate a lot.

She said as she folded a paper which I think was the receipt. Wow. This restaurant really is high-tech.

Mina: it's okay. It's already settled.

Me: you sure is stubborn, you know that.

She laughed.

Mina: We're now even

She smiled that gummy smile. I will miss that smile. Then I thought of...

Me: May I have your number?

There goes my mouth automatically speaking.

She looked taken aback and hesitated. It took a while before she answer.

Mina: Sure. Just don't give it to anyone else.

I then handed my phone to her.

Me: nope. Never. All mine.

She looked at me with a what-do-you-mean kind of look.

Me: i mean your number, I won't give it away

I should stop saying stupid things. I'm so embarrassed. She may not talk to me again.

She looked at me suspiciously but then she typed in her number on my phone and returned it.

I saved it and showed her if it was right.

She took it then suddenly blushed.

Mina: that's right. Uhm.. the number i mean.

Why did she blushed? I looked at my phone. Oh i get it. She was embarrassed by the name. 'Pretty angel Mina'

I texted her. She read it and blushed again. It said; 'thats right you're as pretty as an angel. I hope to see you again. If you want...'

She looked at me, smiled and nodded.

We then stood up and went out. As we reached the street.

Me: So this is it then. Thanks for lunch. It was nice meeting you Mina.

Mina: Same here, though the lunch treat didn't compensate for what you did for me earlier.

Me: nah. The lunch was great and spending time with me was enough. Not everyday you can be asked out for lunch by a pretty stranger right?

Mina: and its not everyday someone would step in to help like a knight in shining armor.

We then laughed. Though she's already wearing her mask. I could still remember her gummy smile.

Me: i will miss that pretty gummy smile of yours.

We stared at each other. She was about to say something but got cut off by her ringing phone.

She answered and was startled by the loud voice which i heard too. She said 'Yah! Where are you!?'

Mina: On my way unnie!

She looked at me with an aplogetic smile as she ended the call.

Me: Go. I will surely miss you.

Mina: Me too.

Her eyes widen as soon as she said it.

Mina: I mean... I... I gotta go. Bye!

She then turned around and ran towards the main road.

I was there rooted in place. When i said ill miss her, did she just said me too?

I followed her with my eyes until she hailed a cab.

I said to my self; 'Damn Chaeyoung, don't get your hopes up. She's straight, always busy and straight. That's it, remember she's straight.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note:

Ayeee... the 'get to know each other' stage...

Would they meet again?
Stay tuned! 😊