XXII. Unexpected Chef.

Mina.

Chaeyoung: Am I dreaming?

She said holding on to her chest standing by the elevator door. I laughed at her reaction. I stopped myself from mimicking her, for my heart is running wild right now. I wonder if she feels the same too.

I stepped out of the elevator but backed a little as she went closer then she poked my arm with her finger.

Chaeyoung: you're real!

She said, clapped and smiled widely.

Me: you're cute.

Upon realizing that I said my thoughts out loud, I quickly added

Me: uhm... I... I brought some wine.

I handed her the bag.

Chaeyoung: wow. Thanks. You're not planning to get me drunk, are you?

Me: wow, I didn't know you can read minds.

Chaeyoung: I knew it! Hahaha Let's go and warm you up. You're shivering.

I was surprised that she noticed. She turned towards the left, opened the door and step aside to let me in.

Me: Thanks.

Chaeyoung: Welcome to my humble abode.

I went inside after taking off my coat and changed into a sleepers. Her place was cozy and bright. She led me into her living room. I noticed how she mixed the color black and white. She has black furnitures that matches well on the white walls.

The room has a floor to ceiling glass windows with curtains drawn. I could see there's a terrace that has a coffee table and chairs, a wooden sofa and some plants on the sides. In the middle of the wall was a huge framed cross titch of a woman with a baby on her arms.

Chaeyoung: Have a seat. Feel at home.

I sat at her sofa which was surprisingly soft and comfortable. I took off my cap and mask.

Me: you have a nice place here.

Chaeyoung: yeah. I like it though it's not that big but it's comfortable.

Me: It is. I love that cross titch.

Chaeyoung: yeah me too. My mom made that. That makes me miss her yet I'm not sad cause she's better up there now.

I looked at her, there's no hint of sadness in her eyes.

Me: I believe you. Why is it that you're always jolly?

Chaeyoung: I should be, I don't want to have wrinkles you know.

I laughed at her. I like how she's always positive, radiant and smiling. Gosh, when she smiles her dimples appears which makes something in my tummy flip.

Chaeyoung: I always find something to be happy about. Like that gummy smile of yours. I missed that.

I can feel the heat rising on my cheeks. For her not to notice it, I stood.

Me: I forgot about your ways of flattery.

I walked towards the displays.

Chaeyoung: which you always avoid. You're early than expected.

Me: yeah. I went out earlier to buy the wine. I don't want to come empty handed you know nor late too. Why? Are you afraid I'll caught you ordering food?