They Said What?

I'm woken to the feel of my body rocking and loud voices. I open my eyes and see that we're in the front of Olive Garden standing near the doors. There's a lot of people around. It's then I realize that I'm in Theo's arms. He's slowly rocking back and forth and is patting my back.

"Awe! She's so cute! How old is she?" I turn my head to see a middle aged pregnant woman. It's only when I turn my head that I realize my thumbs in my mouth. Great, another reason for them to think I'm a baby.

"She just turned two a few months ago." Hazel answers.

Wait, I'm not two. But here I am, laying on a man who looks like he could be my dad, with my thumb in my mouth. I just decide to go with it. It's easier than explaining I'm fourteen with a unknown disorder that froze me at the age of three.

"She's absolutely precious! I'm having a little boy. He's our first and we couldn't be more excited." The lady says.

"Congratulations. Looks like our buzzers going off. Can you say bye Mila?" Theo asks.

I shake my head no and turn my head into his neck. "She's a bit shy around new people. You can tell she's a Daddy's girl." Hazel tells the lady.

Daddy's girl? These people are already calling them self Mommy and Daddy. I'll go with it for now but I'll have a discussion with them about it later.

A waiter takes us to the table and Theo sits down with me in his lap. I'm handed a kids menu and begin to scribble with the crayons.

"Can I get you guys started on something to drink today?" The waiter asks.

"I'll have a coke, little Mila here will have a chocolate milk, and my wife will have a sprite." I can feel Theo's chest vibrating when he talks.

"I'll have that right with you. If I may? Your little girl is adorable. She looks just like her Daddy." The waitress then takes off to bring us our drinks.

I know I resemble Theo. We have the same blond hair and even the same shape eyes. But this is a little excessive. Their not even correcting people about my age or them being my parents!

"Why did you tell that woman that I'm two and why do you keep telling people that you guys are my Mom and Dad?" I quietly ask.

"We'll explain in the car. Can you just go with it for now?" Hazel practically begs.

I nod and go back to scribbling on the paper. The waitress comes back to take our food orders and it's then I realize that I have to pee. Small body means small bladder.

I start to move around on Theo's leg. When that doesn't work, I stick my hand in my pants and grab myself.

"Mommy! Potty!" I practically yell.

"Can you come back when we're back from the bathroom? We just started potty training and she's wearing big girl panties today." Hazel tells the waitress.

"That's no problem." The waitress walks off.

Hazel scoops me off Theo's lap and walks to the bathroom. She helps me pull down my pants and holds me up so I don't fall in the toilet. When I'm done I wipe myself and Hazel sets me on my feet. She pulls up my pants and underwear, carrying me to the sink.

"Good job going potty!" Hazel claps her hands and bounces me in her arms.

I feel my face turn bright red. Hazel ignores my reaction and helps me wash my hands, then carries me back to our table.

"There's my girls! Did she go potty?" Theo asks while holding his arms out for me.

Hazel places me in Theo's arms and sits back down. "She did! I'm so proud of her."

The waitress comes back and we order our food. I get a kids spaghetti and meatballs. Hazel cuts up my food when it arrives but let's me feed myself. I do make a little bit of a mess but that's fine. While we eat we make small talk.

I learned that Hazel's thirty-four and Theo's thirty-six. They live about forty minutes from my foster family, they share the sam favorite color of blue, and they have a dog named Luna.

I get full pretty quickly and swivel around in Theo's lap so I'm facing him. I lay my head down on his chest and close my eyes. Theo eats one handed while his other hand pats my butt. I yawn and bring my hand up to my mouth to suck my thumb.

"Is that thumb tasty?" I hear Hazel laugh at Theo's comment. I only grunt in response.

I feel Theo kiss the top of my head and go back to eating. I slowly start feel myself drift off to sleep.

I curl further into Theo so my knees are tucked against his chest along with my arms. I'm in a tight, warm, little ball. I hear the click of a camera going off but ignore it. Theo's comfy, warm, and safe.

"Do you me want to take her so you can eat?" Hazel asks.

"No. She's fine. I like that she's cuddled up to me."

"You've held her the entire time. Let me hold my baby." I can practically hear the pout in Hazel's voice.

"Fine." Theo stands up and passes me over to Hazel. Instead of holding me like Theo did, she cradled me like a baby. The side of my face is against her boob as gently rocks me. I feel her fingers stroke down my cheek.

"Such a sleepy girl. Mommy's tired princess." Hazel coos at me.

Soon enough, Theo finishes his food and pays the bill. We head to the car and Hazel buckles me in. When we arrive at my foster family's house they give me a hug and kiss goodbye. I will admit I teared up a little bit watching them go.

The whole evening was a little bit odd. I hate being treated like a baby but by them it felt comforting. I liked their snuggles and even then calling themselves, "Mommy and Daddy." Overall, it wasn't that bad.