Long Time No See

Mila POV:

Mama and Dada are at the store right now. They're looking at grown up shoes while I sit in the front of the cart. Dada pushes the cart, making funny faces at me every now and then. We make our way down the isle and almost run into a couple with a young child. The child looks to be about six and is holding the guys hand while he smiles down at her.

"Excuse me. Sorry about that." Daddy apologizes.

The couple turns to face us and I can feel my face pale. I thought they were in jail. I thought they were long gone. My biological parents are standing in front of me. "Mila?" My biological Mom asks.

Turning my face away from the woman, I hold my arms up to Theo in a silent plea to be picked up. He picks me up from the cart and holds me tight to him. "What's wrong, princess?" Hazel asks.

Leaning over, I whisper in her ear, "That's my biological Mom and Dad."

She does a double take, looking back and fourth between my parents and I. My Mom and Dad look like they've seen a ghost. The little girl who has the same features as me, has a confused look on her face.

I look my "parents" straight in the eye. "So this is what you've been doing? I thought you were in jail. Guess not, you're out here shopping with who I'm guessing is my sister. While I was in foster care getting picked on and tormented, you were out of jail playing mommy and daddy to your new perfect child." I spit the word 'perfect' like it was a curse.

"We're so sorry, Mila. We..." I interrupt my dad before he can talk anymore.

"What? You're sorry. You left me in a empty apartment at SIX YEARS OLD! I stayed there, waiting for you to come home for weeks! I stayed until I ran out of food and had to call the police! Do you know how confusing that was for me? All you left me was a shitty note!

"Then you go around and have another child! You were supposed to be my mom and dad. Instead, you left when you realized what I freak I am. You don't deserve do be parents. You deserve to be in jail. Did you ever think about me? Did you ever consider how I felt? No, you didn't, because you're both selfish!" I yell through my tears.

"Mommy, Daddy, who is that?" The little girl asks, pointing at me.

My mom and dad look at me before Mom answers. "Nobody, come on let's go." I feel my heartbreak as I watch them turn away from me for the second time in my life.

"Walk away, that's what you always do anyways! Hey kid, when you get home, ask why your Mommy and Daddy were in jail." I yell at their retreating backs.

Dad turns around and glares at me. He starts to walk towards us but Mom pulls him back. "Ignore it. Let's go."

Turning my head into Theo's neck, I cry. Big, body shaking sobs. "I got you, Daddy's got you." Theo rubs my back and abandons the cart in the isle. He walks towards the front of the store with Hazel following.

"I w-want t-to go h-home." I tell him through my sobs.

"We're going home. Mama and Dada have you. We're not letting you go." Theo kisses the side of my head and sniffles.

Walking out to the car, Theo buckles me in and Hazel climbs in to sit beside me. She wipes my tears and hums to me. "They're not your parents, they never were. You were made for Theo and I. You were put on this planet to be our baby. You are loved by us and your Teeta, Gammy, Papa, and Grampy. They don't deserve you, ladybug."

Turning my head into her hand, I see Theo standing by the side of the car. It's then I see Mom and Dad approaching. Theo stands with his arms crossed and a menacing look on his face. Dad approaches him and mirrors his stance.