Meanie Aunt Lena

(My part of the bargain (; bvmchloe )

Hazel POV:

Mila's asleep by the time I get her out of the bath. Getting her diapered while asleep is a challenge, but I manage it by myself. By the time I make it out of the bathroom and pack to the living room, my sister and her husband have arrived.

Mila has never really met her Aunt Lena. I mean, she met her at the restaurant when we first adopted Mila, but she hasn't seen my sister since then. I'm curious to see how this is going to go. Especially because Lena isn't that fond of children.

"Lena! It's good to see you!" I say with a big smile. I also haven't seen her in a while.

Careful of Mila asleep in my arms, Lena gives me a hug.

"Goodness! You're looking good, Hazel. It's been a while." Lena says with her signature smile.

She has the same brown hair as mine and the same brown eyes. Our only difference is that Lena is taller than me, leaner as well. My sister is a model. Literally, a model that walks on runways.

"Wow! And look at my little niece. She's still precious. I see all the pictures you post of her on social media. Truly a beautiful little girl. You should get her into modeling."

I really don't want Mila in modeling. That industry is toxic. I respect my sisters career, but I would never subject my baby girl to it.

"No, thanks. Mila's happy with the way things are." I reply kindly.

Just then Mila starts to wake up on my shoulder. Her drool started to leak through my shirt a while ago. It was smart on my part to buy those bibs.

Lena's face scrunches up at the sight of Mila's drool on my arms. I quickly rush to explain the reason for it. Lena pretends to be understanding, but I can see the disgust on her face.

Whatever, some people have the parenting gene and some don't.

"Is she feeling better?" Barb asks, gesturing to Mila who's cradled in my arms.

"Not really. She's resting right now, but I can tell she's going to wake up soon." I reply with a shrug of my shoulders.

Theo gestures for me to sit down on the couch next to him. He wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me back into his solid chest.

"Do you want a burp rag? She's getting drool all over you." Theo asks while running the back his finger down Mila's cheek.

"Here you go. I already had one ready." Kai says, handing me a white burp cloth with black polka dots.

I thank him, then move Mila up to my shoulder that's now sporting the burp cloth. She fusses a little bit, but calms down when Theo starts to hum her favorite song.

Unsurprisingly, it's streets by Doja cat.

Dad comes over and fawns over Mila, pressing a kiss to her forehead. She wiggles her head away from him, placing it in the crook of my neck. I feel her lips trying to suckle my skin and groan, knowing that she's going to want to nurse again soon.

I'm not fond of the idea of nursing in front of Lena. I've only done it once, but that was enough to see the judgement in her eyes. She's a firm believer that babies should stop nursing at six months.

Nevertheless, I lift my shirt and unlatch my nursing bra. Theo helps me adjust Mila a little bit so she's laying across my lap.

Getting Mila to latch on is a challenge. She either moves her head, pulling my nipple out of her mouth, or she refuses to open her mouth.