Intrusive Toddlers

Theo POV:

It's been two days since Mila had an allergic reaction to the ocean water and she's completely miserable. Hazel and I have to be touching her or she'll freak out and cry. All Mila wants to do is snuggle and nurse. We've been applying cream to her bumps to help the itching but it doesn't doesn't completely stop it.

Most people would think a cranky baby would ruin the vacation, but it hasn't. Mila's just in pain and I'm glad she's seeking comfort from her Mama and Dada. "Shhhh, you're okay." I whisper as I cradle and rock Mila.

She's not doing too good right now. It's two in the morning and she's awake and cranky. I got up with her so Hazel could get some rest. "Dadaaaa" Mila whines, gripping my shirt for dear life.

"I know, babygirl. Dada's right here." I coo and move to sit on the couch.

I press Mila to my bare chest and kiss the top of her head. She's only in a pair of pants and socks so her bare upper body presses up against my chest. Mila places the side of her head on my chest and puts her little first in her mouth, trying to soothe herself.

I would grab her a pacifier but I don't want to get up. She's finally starting to calm down and her eyes are drooping. Rhythmically parting her butt, I scoot so I'm laying down on the couch with Mila top of me.

Looking down, I notice that Mila's eyes finally closed and her breathing finally evened out. I don't want to move Mila so I just lay back and close my eyes.

"Theo?" Hazel whispers, gently shaking my shoulder.

Groaning, I turn my head to the side and try to go back to sleep. Mila's warm body is still on top of mine making me comfortable. "Theo, I need to nurse her. I'm leaking." Hazel whispers and tries to lift Mila off my chest.

I grunt and hold Mila tighter to me. She's trying to take my baby! "Seriously, Theo? I need her right now. Unless you would like to drink this milk, I need the baby. I'm in pain." Hearing the annoyance in Hazel's tone I carefully sit up and blink the gunk out of my eyes.

Hazel is standing beside the couch holding her breasts in her hands. Her brown hair is messily falling out of her ponytail and there are wet, dark circles on the front of her shirt, but she look so beautiful. "Sorry babe, we were up late." I explain, carefully passing Mila to her.

Hazel sits down next to me and automatically lifts her shirt. I can see the milk droplets peppering her areola and wince. I know that must be uncomfortable for her. "Thank you for getting up with her. I needed that sleep." Hazel explains while trying to get a sleepy Mila to latch on.

The only problem is Mila's dead asleep. Hazel opens Mila's mouth and puts her breast in, gently massaging her cheek to get Mila to suck. "Come on, pea. Mommy hurts." Hazel whines.

Mila gives a lazy suck and Hazel breathes out a sigh of relief. Throwing my arm around Hazel, I kiss the side of her head. I love these two girls more than anything in the world. I wouldn't change my life for the world. "Love you, babe." Hazel tells me, turning her head to give me a soft kiss.

"Love you too." I reply, kissing her forehead then looking back down at Mila.

Mila isn't really nursing, she's just lazily sucking and letting the milk run down her cheek. I've never known Mila to sleep this hard. It's weird. "Should I wake her up? I know she needs her sleep, but I also need to nurse her. At the rate she's going now, I'll never get both breasts emptied." Hazel asks.

"Yeah, go ahead and wake her up. What about your pump? Have you tried that?"

"It broke in my bag from being tossed around at the airport. We'll have to buy a new one." Hazel explains while she keeps massaging Mila's cheek.