Grand-Cation

Hazel POV:

Mila's grandparents are coming today but she doesn't know yet. She knows they're coming but she forgot it's today. All week she's been talking about her Teeta and how she can't wait to go swimming in the pool with her. I kind of feel bad for my parents and Theo's Dad because Mila's favorite is clearly Theo's mom.

"Mamaaaa!" Mila yells from the living room.

She's been running around all day. It's only ten in the morning and she's already thrown a tantrum, pooped twice, and told me three stories about a dog that she saw on the sidewalk back at home. I'm kind of happy that my parents are coming because Theo and I can finally have some adult time. Mila has been sleeping in the bed with us and she's kind of hindered Theo and I'd nightly proclivities.

Walking into the living room I see Mila jumping up and down on the couch, buck ass naked. "Where'd your diaper go, pea?" I ask.

Mila points towards the used, discarded diaper on the coffee table and I groan. Theo went to pick up our parents from the airport so I can't make him clean that up. Thank God it's just pee. "Mila, do you want a timeout? You know better than to take off your diaper and jump on the couch." I scold.

Instead of stopping her jumping, Mila continues to jump and giggle. "Mila, if I have to tell you to get down again, you're going to timeout." I snap my fingers and point to the floor.

Mila stops jumping but just stands there. She tilts her head to the side, looks me straight in the eye, and starts to jump again. Oh, that's how it is? Mila's very rarely a brat but this is one of the rare moments she is. "Okay, timeout."

Walking over to the sofa, I pick Mila up and sit her naked in the corner of the room. She immediately starts the water works. "You're going to stay there for five minutes. Your time starts when you stop crying. After you're out of timeout, Mama's going to put a diaper on you."

While I wait for Mila to stop crying so I can start the timer, I clean up the dirty diaper, and wipe the coffee table down with a Clorox wipe. Mila's cries stop and I can hear her sniffling so I start the timer on my phone.

Sitting down on the sofa I browse through social media while I wait for the timer to go off. Three minutes later my timer rings and I walk over to Mila. Her little face is red and she has snot running from under her nose. "Come here, babygirl." I coo.

Mila stands up and runs into my arms. "Are we going to listen to Mama now?" I ask her.

She nods her head and I give her a kiss. "Let's go get a diaper on that bum and wipe your face." I coo.

Walking into the bedroom, I lay Mila on the bed and quickly get her in a diaper. The rash on her private parts, legs, and feet are nearly gone. I put on a little bit of lotion on her lower half but she doesn't need the diaper rash cream anymore. "Here, sit up and let Mama wipe your face."

I grab a wipe and gently wipe Mila's face with it. She's still sniffling a little bit and looks miserable. My poor baby. "Do you want milky?" I ask her.

Mila nods and lifts her arms, signaling she wants to be picked up. Picking Mila up, I head to the living room and sit down on the armchair. I lift my shirt and help Mila latch on. Instead of turning on the television I decide to just have a peaceful moment with my baby.

I hum 'twinkle twinkle little star' to her and gently rock us side to side. Mila's playing with my other breast while she nurses, her eyes fluttering. Honestly, I don't want her to take a nap but she might as well. She's been hyper all morning.

The sounds of her suckling is the only noise in the room until I hear the click of the lock opening. Theo walks in with our parents behind him. I quickly shush them and point to where Mila's nursing on my chest.