Surf 'N Turf

Hazel POV:

Theo and I have been awake for forty-five minutes now waiting for Mila to wake up. After she interrupted Theo and I's adult time last night, we placed her back in her play pen so we could finish what we started, only quieter.

"When is she going to wake up? I need cuddles." Theo whines.

I told him he couldn't wake the baby up and now I'm regretting my choice. I might as well let him, seeing that it's almost 9:30 A.M. "Fine, go get the baby. Just wake her up slowly. I don't want to deal with a cranky baby today." I tell Theo.

Walking behind Theo, we open Mila's door and see she's asleep on her stomach in the pack 'n play. Mila's little lips are sucking on her pacifier and her legs are tucked under her body, her bum in the air.

Theo leans over and picks Mila up, cradling her in his arms. "Milaaaa, do you want to go to the beach?" He whispers.

Mila whines and stretches her arms above her head, sucking harder on her pacifier. "Nu, Dada. Gu 'way." Mila whines, still not opening her eyes.

"Mama bought stuff to build sand castles." Theo bribes.

"Gu 'each?" Mila asks sleepily, rubbing her hazel eyes.

"Yeah, ladybug. We're going to the beach. Let's go get you dressed. Mama and Daddy already have our swimsuits on." Theo holds Mila with one arm while he places her changing mat on the bed, getting everything ready to change her.

He places Mila on the mat, and strips off her soiled diaper, quickly cleaning her up and changing her into a swim diaper. Mila pretty much sleeps through the whole process. I hand over Mila's two piece yellow polka dotted swim suit, and he dresses her in it.

"We should put sunscreen on her now so she doesn't fight it later." Theo says, searching through her diaper bag for the bottle.

He finds it and starts slathering Mila with the sunscreen. "Here's her sandals, sunglasses, and hat."

Theo takes them from me and puts on her yellow sunglasses and little sun hat. She's so adorable that I can't help but take a photo. "You grab Mila and I'll grab the snack bag." Theo instructs.

Picking up Mila off the bed, I place her head on my shoulder. She's still out cold. I don't know how this kid can sleep through Theo dressing her, but she managed it. "Come on, we can grab a quick brunch from the breakfast place downstairs." Theo says, holding the door open for me.

I walk through and Theo slaps my butt as I walk in front of him. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself. That bikini looks good on you." Theo chuckles and winks, hiking the strap of the backpack up his arm.

God, I'm so lucky this mans my husband. "You're not looking so bad yourself." I say, eyeing his bare chest and swim trunks.

"Let's go before you start drooling." He laughs, pressing the elevator button.

Mila starts to whine, grumbling something in my ear. Gently rubbing her back I whisper, "Are you waking up now?"

"I dunno, Mama." Mila says, finally opening her eyes and sitting up in my arms.

"Good morning, pea!" I say excitedly.

"Mama." Mila whines, trying to pop my breast out of my bikini top.

"Hold on, Mila. Mama will give you some milky soon." I gently bounce her to keep her from crying.

The elevator opens, letting us off on the ground floor. Theo and I walk to the nice breakfast restaurant and we order and eat quickly. "Okay, pea. You can have some milky now." I tell Mila as we walk out of the restaurant.