The Deep End

Kai POV:

After we finished playing at the arcade, we went back to our hotel room so Theo could order us some dinner. He ended up getting pizza and I ate five pieces. Once I was finished, I felt like I was going to burst.

Now, we're all chilling on our beds and staring at the television. Well, most of us. Mila is jumping at the food of my bed, naked as the day she was born.

She got out of the bath twenty minutes ago and refused to let Hazel put a diaper on her. She's probably going to pee on my bed. "Mila, let Hazel put a diaper on you, please? I'm tired of looking at your pasty butt cheeks." I beg.

Mila just flops down onto the bed with a giggle. "Go jump on Hazel and Theo's bed if you insist on not wearing a diaper."

Being the toddler that she is, Mila goes to jump off the bed instead of sliding down on her stomach like she usually does. I manage to grab her ankle before she actually falls, but it was enough to scare her.

Mila pees all over the bed due to her fright and begins to sob loudly. Hazel rushes over to us and picks the baby up, brining her close to her chest. "Don't cry, pea. You're okay. You would've gotten an owie if Kai didn't save you."

All Mila does is lay her head down on Hazel's shoulder as she sobs loudly into her ear. Honestly, she needs to go to sleep. The poor thing is probably tired from being up late at the arcade.

"Do you want to lay down with Mama while Daddy changes Kai's sheets?" Hazel asks as she pats the baby's butt.

"Nuuuu. Wanna way wif Kai." The baby sobs.

Hazel gives me a sympathetic look and then gestures for me to stand up. "Lay down in our bed with her. She'll probably let you wipe down her legs and get a diaper on." Hazel tells me as she hands over the crying tot.

I sit down on the bed and place the baby between my spread legs. Theo hands me a diaper and a pack of wipes, and I get to work cleaning Mila. For the most part, she's completely still and sucking on her thumb. She occasionally wiggles every now and then, but that's normal.

Once I'm finished wiping her legs down, I quickly wrap a fresh diaper around her hips. "All done! Good job! Do you want to lay with Kai now?" I ask her.

Mila nods her little head, making her blonde trusses shake against her shoulders, then makes grabby hands at me. I pick her up and scoot down so I'm under the covers.

I place her up against my chest then pull the heavy hotel comforter over Mila's back. Her cheek is presses up against my chest and she sighs a little.

While all this is happening, Theo's stripping the hotel sheets and placing new ones on them. By the time he's done, Mila is fast asleep on my chest. Her breathing is slow and even, her eyes fluttering with dreams.

"You can just sleep in that bed for tonight, Kai. She's finally asleep and we don't want to disturb her." Theo whispers as he turns off the elevation.

Hazel turns off the lamp attached to the wall, plunging the room into darkness. I place my hand on Mila's back to make sure she doesn't fall off the bed while I'm asleep.

Turning my head to the side, I slow my breaths and hope for good dreams tonight. Hopefully, Mila will be enough to keep the nightmares at bay...

Mila POV:

My head turns to the side as I look for Mama's milky. There's bright lights shining through my eye lids, making me see orange. I try to rub the light away but it doesn't work.

A whine leaves my mouth when I don't feel the hard thing that sticks out from Mama's boobie. That's where my milky comes from and I want it now. The only thing that I feel is something hard and warm. It almost feels like I'm laying on Dada's chest.