First Night

After we got home from the mall and unloaded all our stuff, Hazel and Theo decided we should go over some rules. We're currently sitting in their big bedroom on the bed.

"Okay, let's go over some rules. If you don't agree with any of these, they're subject to change. The first rule is, always call us Mommy and Daddy. The second is, no hitting, punching, or throwing fits. Third, clean up after your toys when you're done playing. Fourth, no climbing out of your crib. Fifth, use your manners. Sixth, if you're upset, talk to us. Lastly, be respectful. That's all we ask of you. Is there any rules you would like to change or add?" Theo asks.

I think about it for a second and have no problems with their rules. "No, that's all okay."

"Good, now we'll get into punishments. Corner time, no TV, writing lines, no sweets, and only if you're really bad, a spanking. Is that all okay?" Hazel asks.

I nod my head again.

"We're so lucky to have you!" Hazel picks me up and gives me a huge hug. She then surprises me by tossing me in the air and catching me. I let out huge peals of laughter.

"Come to Daddy! I want some love." Th-Daddy says.

Mommy passes me over to Daddy and he lays me between his legs, tickling my stomach. I try to roll over but he manages to keep me where I am. "Nu stwap!" I beg between giggles.

"Okay, I'll stop. Let's go see your new room!" Daddy says.

"You're right! We forgot to show her." Mommy chimes in.

I just tag along for the ride. Daddy carries me on his hip, often bouncing me along the way. We stop at a door right next to their room. As they open it I'm shocked. There's everything you could ever need for a baby in here.

On the far wall there's a beautiful gray crib. It even has a matching changing table off to the side. Hanging above the crib is a mobile that has safari animals. It's adorable.

On the right side of the room, next to the window, is a white rocking chair. On the other side of the window is a white bookshelf. It's filled with children's books. I can even see some of my favorites from here!

The left side of the room has a gray dresser that has white shelves above it. There's three shelves, on each layer of shelves there's my first, middle, and new last name in block letters.

Next to the door sits a small full sized bed. I guess that's for Mommy and Daddy if they ever have to watch me in the night. The bed matches the rest of the room with gray sheets, and a white blanket. Even the frame is gray.

Sitting next to my dresser is a toy box with the word, "Imagine." Scrawled across the front. To complete the room, there's a big grey and white fluffy rug, in the center of the room. Sitting on top of the rug is a small white toddler table. On the table is a tea set.

The walls are painted a light purple and the curtains are sheer. This whole room is a little girls dream. It's beautiful. "Down now pease!" I wiggle to be let down.

I'm set down and run straight to the toy box. The lid is a bit heavy, but I eventually get it open. I pull out a couple dollies, and some blocks. I pour my blocks out on the floor and start to build. I didn't realize I was sucking my thumb, until Mommy puts a paci in my mouth.

"Let's not put our fingers in our mouths, Mila. It's yucky." Mommy explains.

"Otay Mommy." I reply and happily go back to playing with my blocks.

I'm almost finished building a tower when I feel something warm running down my leg. I look down and see I peed my pants. That's so embarrassing. I've never had a accident before and am mortified. I start to cry and Mommy carefully picks me up.

"Shhh, it's okay. Let's get you in a bath. We're not mad." Mommy takes me to the bathroom and starts the water. She tries to put me down but I cling to her.

"Do you want me to get in with you?"

I nod my head and suck on my paci.

"I need to put you down to get undressed. Okay?"

"Otay, Mommy." Mommy strips me down then sets me in the tub. Then she starts to get undressed. It doesn't feel weird looking at her naked. It just feels like a Mom about to bathe with her baby.

Mommy gets into the tub behind me and starts to wash my hair. She quickly rinsed my hair then pulls me to her chest. I curl up on Mommy's chest as she scoops up water and pours it on my back.

I play with Mommy's hair as I lay on her chest. Her skin is smooth and warm against mine. "Hey, hun? Do you want me to grab you guys a towel?" Daddy asks as he walks into the bathroom.

"Yeah, Mila's is hanging on the back of her door."

Daddy comes over and kisses the top of Mommy's head and then my cheek. "I'll be right back."

Daddy brings the towels in and picks me up. He wraps me in a towel then hands Mommy hers. "Come on, let's go get you in a diapey."

Wait. What? Well, if I'm going to act like their baby, I might as well fulfill the part. Daddy takes me to my room and lays me on the changing table. He quickly powders me and puts on a diaper. It's fluffy between my legs and soft. Overall, it's not that bad.

He dresses me in a plain pink onesie. "Come on, let's go get you a baba. You can snuggle with Mommy and Daddy before bed."

Daddy carries me to the kitchen and he grabs a pre-made bottle out of the fridge. He warms it up in the microwave and takes me upstairs. "There's my little girl!" Mommy holds her arms out for me and Daddy passes me to her.

"You want to watch Wonder Pets?"

I nod my head and clap my hands. I love Wonder Pets! Mommy gets me situated so I'm laying in the crook of her arm, and Daddy turns on the TV. I feel the nipple of the bottle run across my lips and I latch on.

This milk is the same kind I got earlier. Nevertheless, it's very good. I start to suck vigorously and relax back into Mommy to watch my cartoons. Daddy plays with my toes while I drink and Mommy brushes my cheek with the back of her finger.

My eyes start to feel heavy and I try everything I can to stay awake. "Close your eyes, Mila. Mommy and Daddy will be here when you wake up. I promise." Mommy says softly.

I close my eyes and feel myself drift off.