First and Last Day At Daycare

Hazel POV:

Ever since the incident at CVS, Theo and I decided to give us a break by sending Mila to daycare. She'll only be there for a few hours when we need to send her.

We came to this conclusion because of my attachment to Mila. Mila and I both have separation anxiety from each other. Sending her to daycare for a few hours should help. She won't go everyday, just when Theo feels like I need it.

If it was up to me she wouldn't be going at all. I don't trust strangers with my little girl. Even if they're certified and have cameras watching them while they're interacting with the children.

I'm stewing in my thoughts when Theo places his hand on my thigh, the other gripping the steering wheel. "It's for the best, babe. She'll be okay. I promise."

Turning my head, I look at the backseat where my little girl is currently strapped into her carseat. She's babbling to herself while playing with her feet.

"I don't trust them, Theo. I really don't." I tell my husband while biting my thumb nail.

"They have cameras that we can watch anytime we want. It's going to be okay. She'll be there until noon and you'll go pick her up. That's only six hours." He tells me gently.

Looking at the clock, I see that it's almost six in the morning. Mila's usually still asleep right now. The daycare said Mila will be on a strict schedule. She'll eat breakfast there, do circle time, arts and crafts, go outside, then eat lunch, and have a nap.

I'll be getting her right in the middle of nap time. Hopefully, everything goes good. This is a highly rated daycare. Nothing but the best for my little Mila.

I've packed frozen breastmilk for Mila. I've told the daycare that my baby isn't to drink two percent milk. Mine is the only one she should drink. I've also packed sippy cups because the daycare doesn't allow any child over the age of one to drink out of bottles.

Something I don't agree with, but will endure for my little girl. "Are you ready to have fun, pea?" I anxiously ask my little one as we pull into the parking lot.

It's still early so there aren't a ton of cars. The building is red brick and I can see large, fenced in playgrounds for the kids to romp around on.

Mila will be in the toddler classroom, something I'm not so sure about. Two year olds are ruthless. They bite, scratch, punch, and hit. "Babe, seriously. Stop fretting. She'll be fine for a few hours. If you don't like it after this week, we'll pull her out. Okay?"

I nod my head and then unbuckle my seatbelt. Stepping out of the car, I round it to Mila's side. Upon opening her door I see the big smile that I love. "Mama!" Mila exclaims while making grabby hands at me.

I lift her up and place a big kiss on her head. She wraps her arms around my neck and places a opened mouth kiss on my cheek. "You ready to go make some friends?" Theo asks Mila as he stands at my side.

"Nu, Mama Miwa fwen." The baby answers him while wrapping her legs around my upper stomach.

She's basically trying to climb my body. "Come on, ladybug. You'll like it I promise." Theo says sweetly before turning around and walking to the locked front doors.

They open with a passcode and Theo types it in. There's a beeping noise as the doors are unlocked and we step inside. The smell of cleaning products assault my nose as I walk into the building.

There's a single hallway with classrooms lining each side. "Oh shoot! Did you grab the diaper bag?" I ask Theo.

He holds it up and smiles at me. "Already a step ahead of ya."