Nobody Touches My Sister

Theo POV:

I'm currently sitting in the parking lot of the daycare Mila attended today. Hazel got a call from the daycare a thirty minutes ago, telling us that Mila had been attacked by another student. Hazel freaked out and made me drive like a bat out of hell to get here.

She was crying the whole way here. Hazel wanted me to stay in the car because she knew I would cause a scene, but I'm getting antsy. My little girl was attacked and there's nothing I can do about it.

After thinking on it for a while, I decide to get out of the car and enter the building. Inside, I find Hazel and Mila in the office. My wife is nursing our daughter who's fast asleep. There's red scratch marks that have little droplets of blood on her face. Her hair that was done up beautifully this morning, is now sticking out all over the place.

My poor baby. "She's asleep now but she was screaming bloody murder when I first got here." Hazel tells me while patting Mila's butt.

The baby's still nursing but her suckles are slow. Most of Mila's face is covered by the top of Hazel's shirt, but I can still see a little bit of Hazel's pink areola. "Is she okay? How bad was it?" I ask while taking a seat next to Hazel.

"Not good at all. The teacher saw the child attack Mila and didn't do anything about it until Mila started screaming." Hazel explains with a sniffle.

I reach over and run the back of my pointer finger over Mila's chubby cheek, careful to avoid the scratches. "Fucking bitches. Mila did nothing to deserve that. If the teacher has neglected Mila, I'm sure that she's neglected other kids before.

"I'm sorry about forcing you to put Mila in daycare. She should be at home with one of us and Kai. It was a bad idea." I apologize while I fume silently.

Hazel reaches over and places the hand that's not holding Mila on my arm. "I don't blame you, babe. It's okay. Our little girl is okay. We're going to go home, she can have a bath with me, and then we'll have a family night." Hazel says softly.

I nod my head but inside I'm planning to shut down this daycare. No child should have to go through what Mila just did. "Where is Ella anyways." I ask out loud.

"She said she was going to grab Mila's stuff out of the classroom." Hazel explains over the sound of Mila's suckling.

Our little girl is going to town on that milk. Even in her sleep she's still nursing. There's milk slowly falling out the sides of her mouth, leaking onto the cute onesie we dressed Mila in today.

"Shhh, Mama and Daddy are here now. We'll go see Kai soon." Hazel whispers while stroking Mila's forehead.

Mila whimpers in her sleep and wiggles a little bit. Reaching over, I gently grab her hand and she grips my finger tightly. I think we have a little newborn on our hands.

Our moment of silence is interrupted by Ella walking into the room. She's holding Mila's diaper bag and has a fake apologetic smile plastered on her face. "I'm so sorry about all of this. Here's Mila's bag and I wrote an incident report that you'll need to sign." Ella says while handing me Mila's diaper bag.

I grab it and stand up, leaning over to grab Mila out of Hazel's arms. "Let me unlatch her first. The last thing we need right now is Mila screaming the house down." Hazel tells me.

She lifts up her shirt and slides her pinky finger into Mila's mouth to break her latch. Our baby's mouth falls open and a drop of milk runs from her lips, down to her chin, and under her neck. "Messy girl." Hazel coos.

Making sure to support her head, Hazel lifts Mila up and hands her to me. I rest my babygirl's head on my shoulder, while my other hand goes under her bottom to support her weight.