Newborn Mila (Part 2)

(Chapter ideas inspired by NerdyKing22 and GraceSparks0 Thank you both for your suggestions!)

Hazel POV:

After Theo finishes getting Mila all cleaned up from her diaper blowout, I watch from the couch as he gently rocks her. He's such a doting father, always hands on and you can see the love in his eyes when he looks at Mila. She's smiling up at him and nomming away on her fist, content to be in her Daddy's arms.

"You're Daddy's girl, aren't ya? My precious babygirl." Theo coos while he gently rubs Mila's back.

My baby is eating this up. She's smiling and her little baby giggles sound through the room, she's perfect. Theo turns his body so he's facing the couch and turns Mila in his arms so she can see me. "You see Mama? Can you say 'Mama?'" Theo asks in a babyish voice.

"Da Da Da Da." Mila mumbles around the fist in her mouth. Theo laughs loudly, startling Mila. She bursts into tears and Theo quickly sobers up, lifting her onto his shoulder, and patting her back.

"Daddy's sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry, ladybug." Theo whispers as he gently rocks her.

When she doesn't calm down, Theo hands her over to me. I lift my shirt and offer her my breast. She latches on but keeps whimpering. "Did Daddy scare you, pea?" I whisper as I stroke Mila's nose.

Theo comes to sit beside me and gently grabs Mila's foot, bouncing it in his hand. He looks at me and shakes his head, a smile on his face. "Do you want to take her on a walk after you're done?" He asks.

I look down at Mila and see she's staring at Theo. Her hand is under my shirt and she's pressing on my other breast while she nurses. "Yeah, we can go on a walk. It'll give my boobs a break." I finally respond.

"What stroller do you want to bring?" Theo stands up from the couch and moves to the closet near the door. It holds all of our strollers since we have three of them. I don't know why we have three strollers, but apparently we need them.

"Grab the one that's rear facing so she can still see us while we're walking." Theo begins to pull stuff out of the closet until he comes across the one I'm looking for. We only use that stroller for when Mila is really little, so it usually stays in the back.

Mila's eyes slowly close and her breathing evens out. I go to unlatch her when she starts sucking again. "I need a pacifier, please?" I ask Theo.

He grabs one off side table and hands it to me. I unlatch Mila and stuff the pacifier in her mouth. "Let's shower before we go. We both smell like cleaning product." Theo suggests.

"Grab her bouncer. We can place her in it outside the shower so she doesn't freak out if she wakes up." Theo grabs the bouncer and I stand up with Mila in my arms, moving towards our bathroom.

Theo sets the bouncer on the floor in front of the shower and I gently lower Mila into it. "Give me the blanket." He hands me Mila's baby blanket and I cover her legs with it.

"Alright, we have twenty minutes max before she realizes I'm not holding her anymore and wakes up. Let's hurry." I announce before stripping out of my clothes.

Theo does the same while I start the water and wait for it to warm up. As soon as it's hot, I hop in with Theo behind me. I dunk my hair under the water as he wraps his arms around my waist, kissing the back of my neck. He goes to move his hands lower but I smack them away. "The baby's right there, Theo." I admonish.