Sleepovers With Kai and Teeta

(Thank you to everyone for this chapter idea. Multiple people suggested this. Credit goes to Aango17 NerdyKing22 bvmchloe and amari9393 Thank you to everybody else who commented on what this chapter should be! Your idea's are appreciated and might even make it into a future chapter!)

Malikai POV:

"Kai, is your bag packed!?" Hazel shouts from downstairs. With a sigh, I stuff some underwear into my bag and zip it up. Today, we're going to Theo's Mom's house to stay the night while Hazel and Theo go out on a date.

Mila is coming along with me and I'm nervous to meet Barb. From what I've heard, Mila loves her and they both have a close relationship. I'm just hoping that Barb's a good person. If she had any part in rising Theo, I can guarantee that she's an amazing woman. I mean, look how Theo turned out.

He loves fiercely and would lay down his life for his family. The whole thing just makes me nervous.

"Yeah, I'm coming down now!" I finally shout back at Hazel.

Hiking my bag up on my shoulder, I step out of my bedroom and close the door behind me. I can hear Mila downstairs, running around while shouting about how she's excited to go see Teeta.

"Theo, did you grab the frozen milk?" Hazel asks once I make it downstairs.

"Yeah, it's in the diaper bag. I also packed diapers, wipes, five changes of clothes, three pacifiers, diaper rash cream, and a couple of Mila's favorite toys." Theo replies while digging through the diaper bag that's resting on the table.

That sounds like overkill for one night. But then again, I'm not a parent and I don't know what Mila wants and needs.

"What about you, Kai? Did you pack everything you need?" Hazel asks.

Her face is covered artfully in makeup and she's wearing a beautiful, tan dress. It clings to her body and stops right before her knees. The look is completed with navy blue high heels. Theo is also dressed up in a tuxedo with his blonde hair slicked back.

They look like the ultimate power couple. I'm truly amazed. "I'm ready to go. I don't need anything else." I tell Hazel.

She gives me a dubious look and says, "Okay, well, if you need anything we can't bring it to you."

I have to fight the urge to roll my eyes. I've been taking care of myself since I was a toddler, I don't need help packing some clothes. It does feel nice to finally be showed some concern, though.

"Mila! It's time to go!" Theo bellows down the hall.

Mila comes running into the room wearing a pair of shorts, purple rain boots, and a green hoodie. It's cold outside and her little legs are going to freeze. The outfit also doesn't match. "Why is she wearing that?" I ask Hazel and Theo.

"She wanted to wear that and I didn't feel like fighting her." Theo answers me after lifting Mila up in his arms.

She leans forward and kisses his cheek. Theo smiles at Mila, leaning forward to return the kiss. "You ready to go to Teeta's?" He asks the baby.

"Yesth! Kai com tew?" Mila asks while pointing at me.

I laugh and nod my head, hiking the strap of my overnight bag higher up on my shoulder. "I wouldn't come without you, baby." I answer for Theo.

Mila claps her hands together and leans out of Theo's arms, making grabby hands at me. I pluck her out of his arms and inhale the smell of baby lotion. "Come on, let's go get in the car."