Moving Day

Hazel POV:

Mila is bouncing off the walls of this house as our movers load up everything into their trucks. She's running around, causing complete chaos. Theo has tried to distract her, but nothing is working. He's at the point where he's about to put her in timeout.

Not because she's being wild. No, it's because she keeps getting in the movers way after we told her to stay away from them.

"Mila Era Thomas, come here right now!" I hear Theo yell from downstairs.

Looks like his patience has ran out. I'm quick to rush downstairs to see what's going on. I don't want Theo to be too hard on her. Mila's just excited which is reasonable.

"Nu, Dada!" Mila yells back once I reach the living room.

Mila is standing on top of the coffee table that the movers are trying to move. Theo is standing beside it, his hands on his hips and a frown on his handsome face.

"You get down off that table or Daddy's going to put you in timeout." Theo demands, pointing at the corner.

All my pea does is stomp her foot and stick her tongue out. Yep, she's about to get her bum smacked.

I race forward and quickly scoop Mila up from where she's standing. She tucks her head into my neck and grips onto my shirt. "Mila? Why aren't you listening to Daddy?"

"Miwa dunno, Mama."

A large sigh escapes me and I say, "Well, you need to tell your Daddy sorry for not listening."

Theo comes over to the two of us and waits patiently for Mila to come out of her hiding spot in my neck. She's sucking her thumb and not bothering to apologize. I'll give her some time because this is a big change for all of us.

I think seeing the house empty is really affecting Mila. She even threw a fit when the movers took her crib out of her room. The upstairs is completely empty, save for a few boxes. This is a lot of change for a little girl.

"Miwa sowwy, Dada." Mila finally says.

Tears build in her hazel eyes and she makes grabby hands at Theo. He pulls her into his arms and presses a kiss to her forehead.

"Daddy forgives you. Why don't you got to Mama and have some milky. You need a nap, ladybug."

Mila shakes her head, but reaches out to me. I gather her in my arms and move to sit on the floor. Our living room is empty and almost no furniture remains in our house.

Lifting my shirt, I pop out one of my breasts, and help Mila latch on. Her pulls on my breast are slow and relaxed. Maybe this is what she needed, some quiet time with her Mama.

Theo comes to sit beside me and lifts my shirt a little bit to see Mila under it. She smiles at him and he reaches over, bopping her nose.

"It looks like we have everything packed up and ready to go. You gave us the gate code to your new house, so we'll meet you there." One of the delivery guys says suddenly, making me jump.

"Okay, thank you so much."

I smile at him, but his eyes are firmly resting on my breasts. My shirt covers the breast I'm not nursing Mila on, but it's pulled up on the other side. Mila's face is covering all the important bits, but there's still skin showing.

Theo must notice the guy staring, because he clears his throat loudly. The movers face blanches as he turns to scamper back to his truck.

"I hate when they stare. You're just feeding our baby. What's wrong with that?" Theo asks.