Family Mornings

Hazel POV:

I lay next to Theo, content to watch him sleep as the morning sun rises. He's laying on his stomach shirtless, revealing his muscular back. It's still early in the day, around 6:00. I'm surprised Mila hasn't woken up yet, she normally wakes up around 5:30. I'll get her from her room and then bring her into Theo and I's bed. She'll usually go back to sleep for a couple more hours.

Turning up the baby monitor, I listen for any sounds of shuffling. I start to hear sheets rustling then Mila's cries echo through the monitor. I go to get up, when I hear Barb's voice.

"Good morning, sweet pea." Barb says softly to Mila.

Turning on the camera on the baby monitor, I see Barb lifting Mila out of her crib. Mila snuggles up to her Teeta, putting her thumb in her mouth. "Somebody's a sleepy girl, huh?" Barb kisses the side of Mila's head before laying her down on the changing table.

She changes her diaper then carries her out of the room. It's not even a minute later when Barb gently knocks on my bedroom door, cracking it open. "Mila was asking for you." She whispers.

"Bring her in, she usually lays with us for a little bit before she's fully awake for the day." Barb brings over a sleepy Mila to me. I make sure to thank her before she exits the room.

Placing Mila in the middle of the bed, she scoots over to her Daddy. A still asleep Theo, lifts his arm and Mila wiggles under it. Even in his subconscious he thinks about Mila. Since Mila doesn't want to nurse, I decide to get a little bit of sleep. I lay behind Mila so we're all snuggled up to each other.

The next time I wake, it because of tiny giggles sounding throughout the room. My cheeky toddler is sitting on her Daddy's back, bouncing up and down trying to wake up. "Dadaaaa." Mila yells.

Theo grunts and tries to roll over. "Mila, let Daddy sleep." He groans, covering the back of his head with a pillow.

Sitting up on my knees, I grab a pillow and with a nod to Mila, slap him with it. "Wake up, Theo! Mila, tell Daddy to wake up. Say, 'Wake up Dada!' 

Mila shrieks with laughter, laughing so hard she fell off of Theo's back. Theo eventually turns onto his back and sits up. "You're teaming up on me now, huh? Well I guess the tickle monster is going to have to get you!"

Theo grabs Mila by her ankle and drags her towards him. Making the shape of claws with his hands, he lets out a roar, and starts tickling Mila's belly. She screeches and thrashes her little body around trying to escape.

"Nuuuu! D-Dada 'top." She tries to crawl away but Theo continues his torment.

"Don't worry my, pea! I'll save you!" Grabbing Mila, I run out of the bedroom.

Theo chases after us as I run down the stairs. "Gu Mama! Dada 'atchin up!" Mila says through her cute laugh.

I run into the kitchen and see that my parents are looking at me like I'm crazy. I honestly forgot for a minute that everybody was here. Theo eventually catches up and grabs Mila, rubbing his morning stubble along her neck. Mila tries to push him away, getting fed up.

"Nu Dada! Chu bwetta 'top! Mama gonna gib chu spankies." She crosses her arms looking as serious as a toddler can be.

I cover my mouth with my hand so I don't let out the laugh that wants to come out. "You better listen, babe." I tell him, leaning my hip against the counter.

"Okay, I'll stop. Daddy's sorry." He apologizes.

"Gud. Nu spankies." She pats Theo on the cheek then gives him a kiss.