Photos

Mila POV:

"Just grab her stroller. We're going to be here for a while and I don't want to carry her the whole time." Mama says as we pull into the mall parking lot.

The whole car ride here, Teeta played with my toes and sang me songs. She kept me calm and gave me all her attention. I loved it! "Let's get you in this stroller so we can get some photos taken." Dads says picking me up.

I'm placed in my stroller with my blanket and my Nuk. "Let's get going, the malls already busy." Dada claps his hands and starts to push the stroller.

I watch crowds of people walk in front of me and start to whine. I don't like this, it's too crowded. "Here, Mila." Gammy passes me a bottle of milk and takes my Nuk out of my mouth. Slipping the bottle into my mouth, I drink Mama's milk. It's a little bit cold, but that's alright.

"Let's go see if the picture place has any slots open for passports photos, then we can look at clothes." Papa suggests.

We walk into a store that has large pictures hung up on the wall. Leaning up, I peek my head out of my stroller. Mama's talking to a woman behind the counter. The lady sees me watching and smiles, waving at me. "She's adorable! How old is she?"

"She's two." Mama replies.

"We have a spot open right now, actually. Since you're not doing a full photo shoot, this should only take a few minutes. Go ahead and bring her to the back." Mama takes my bottle from me and pulls me out of the stroller.

"For baby's and toddlers, we have them lay down for their passport photos. We'll put a white backdrop on the floor and take the photo from above. Go ahead and lay her down, this should only take a second." Mama lays me down on the floor while the lady moves equipment around.

"What's her name?"

"Mila."

"What a pretty name for a pretty girl!" The woman coos.

Photos are taken quickly and Mama pays up front. I wonder why I need a passport? Are Mama and Dada taking me on a vacation. I've never been on one and would love to go! "Bye, Mila. Thank you for being so good!" The lady waves goodbye to me.

"Let's go look at some clothes! I miss shopping for baby clothes." Gammy says.

Gammy drags us to several stores and by the fifth, I start to whine. Mama's looking at clothes for her and Daddy now. I'm starting to get thirsty and I finished my bottle a long time ago. Daddy rocks the stroller back and forth in an effort to calm me, it doesn't work. "Miwa 'ilk" I shout.

"Babygirl, the mall is busy today. I don't want you walking off or getting snatched. You have to stay in your stroller." Dada says as he crouches down in front of my stroller.

I throw my body back in my stroller and start to cry. I want out now! My bum is hurting and I'm thirsty. "Mila, we have a little bit more shopping to do. After that, we'll have dinner in the food court. I know you're hungry and thirsty." Dada says as he stands back up.

"Come to Mama, pea. I'll give you some milk." I'm picked up from my stroller and Mama grabs my blanket as well. Sitting down a nearby bench, Mama lifts her shirt, unlatches her nursing bra, and helps me latch on. She uses my blanket to cover my head and her boob.

"There you go, all better." She stands up with me in her arms and goes back to shopping with Dada. It's dark under the blanket but Mama occasionally lifts the top so she can peek down at me.

Teeta, Gammy, Grampy, and Papa are all shopping at other stores. I wonder what they're buying. Are they coming on the vacation with us? I hope so, it would be fun to spend more time with them. I continue to think while I nurse.