Mommy's Gone (Part 2)

Barb (Teeta) POV:

After I picked my beautiful granddaughter up from Theo's work, I laid her down in the guest room to finish her nap. She's sleeping peacefully and I'm not going to disturb her. That little one can be a handful and a half. She probably needs her own room here for when she visits. That'll help build some structure for her.

I've been thinking about redecorating the spare room and putting a toddler bed in there for Mila.

She's my only grandchild and deserves a room at her Teeta's house. The least I can do is give her a bed. Maybe I can convince my hard headed son to allow Mila to spend the night tonight. Sadly, she very rarely gets to sleep over with me. But since Hazel is out of town, it's the perfect opportunity.

As long as Theo drops off some milk, she should be fine. "Teeetaaaa..." Mila yells from the other room.

Setting my magazine down on the coffee table, I stand up and make my way down the small hallway and into the spare room. Mila's sitting up in bed with crazy, blonde hair and rubbing her eyes. There's a line of drool running down her cheek and sleep lines along the right side of her face.

Babygirl must've had a good nap.

"I'm here, sweetness. You want to go see Grampy?" I ask as I walk over to my granddaughter.

Mila stops rubbing her eyes and makes grabby hands at me. I lift her up and gently rock her back and forth in my arms, while her head rests on my shoulder. "Miwa wan Mama." She whines.

"I know. We can call Mama on Teeta's phone." I whisper in her ear. Poor baby misses her Mama already.

My sweet girl cries softly into my neck as soon as I finish my sentence. I can tell she's not feeling the best. She probably wants to nurse and feel close to her Mama. "Let's change your stinky butt before we call Mama."

Laying Mila down on the bed, I grab her diaper bag, and get to work changing her diaper. She lays still the whole time and only whines when I wipe her with a cold wipe.

I should invest in a wipe warmer too. Mila hates the cold wipes.

"All done! You ready to call Mama?" I ask after I finish putting her tights back on.

She nods and raises her arms to be picked up again. Hoisting the little one up on my hip, I make my way back into the living room. My husband, Dan, is resting on his recliner and snoring away. "Do you hear that? Grampy is making all that noise again. He sounds like a mean 'ol grizzly bear." I tell Mila while tickling her belly.

"Gwampy shhhh." Mila replies while putting her pointer finger against her lips, making a 'shhh' motion.

It makes me chuckle and shake my head. My husband is a loud sleeper. "Yeah, Grampy needs to hush." I agree and take a seat on the couch.

Mila lays her head down on my chest while I grab my phone off the side table. I scroll through my contacts until I reach Hazel's name, then FaceTime her.

Unsurprisingly, she answers on the second ring with a huge smile. "Mama.." Mila cries the second Hazel's face appears on screen.

She's in a hotel room and has dark circles under her eyes. Speaking of eyes, hers are red. My daughter-in-law must've been crying. "Oh my baby! I miss you so much." Hazel coos.

"Wan Mama pease?" Mila sobs while trying to grab my phone. I hand it over and Mila immediately shoves the screen close to her face.

"I know you want Mama. I'll be home soon. I'm sorry I had to go away, pea. Mama misses you and Daddy so much." Hazel replies, looking like she's going to cry at any second.