Swimming

Hazel POV:

Mila has been asleep for the past two hours. I decide to go check on her. If she keeps sleeping she'll never sleep tonight. I peak into her room and see her sitting up in her crib, rubbing her eyes. She must've seen me because she whines and raises her arms towards me. "Mama."

I walk over and pick her up. "Did you have a good nap? I missed you while you were asleep."

Of course Mila doesn't answer. She just pulls on my top to try and get my breast out. "Hold on, let's change you into your bathing suit. Then you can have some."

I quickly change Mila into a swim diaper and her yellow polka dot two piece. I quickly slather her in sunscreen and pick her up. "Well, aren't you just the cutest? Look at that little belly." I tickle her stomach and peals of laughter escape her.

"Let Mommy take a photo then you can have some milk." I stand her up on the changing table and snap a series of photos for my Instagram.

"Let's go find Daddy. I think he's being a lazy bum and watching TV." I pick Mila up and bring her to the living room. As soon as Mila sees Theo she starts to bounce excitedly, trying to lean out of my arms. I set her down and she waddle runs to Theo.

"Da da da da!" She screams his name.

Theo picks her up and blows a raspberry on her chubby cheek. "Look who it is! It's my princess!" Theo hangs her upside down by her ankles and blows on her belly. Mila laughs so hard her face turns red.

"Why don't you go change into your swimming trunks, babe? I'm going to nurse her real quick." I suggest. I'm already in my white bikini so there's no need for me to change.

Theo passes Mila to me and she immediately pulls down my swimming top and latches on. I haven't even had the chance to sit down. "Slow down, pretty girl. It's not going anywhere." Mila slightly slows down and I take a seat.

She plays with my bikini string while she nurses. I hum a little song to her while I watch TV. It's nothing interesting, some stupid reality show. Mila sits up and I help her move to my other breast. She eventually sits up and burps. "You all done?"

Mila doesn't answer and runs towards the stairs. She climbs them on her hands and knees, her little booty wiggling as she climbs. "Dada!" She yells when she's at the top. So that's what she's doing, going to search for her Daddy.

Theo comes out of the room and picks up Mila. "You ready to go swimming, munchkin?"

Mila leans over and kisses his cheek. It's then I realize, I didn't wipe her face after she nursed. Theo just got a breast milk kiss. His face scrunches up and he wipes his cheek. "Thank you for the kiss, baby girl." He chuckles.

We make our way to the backyard and Mila clings to Theo when she sees the pool. I'm guessing she can't swim. "It's okay, Daddy's got you. I'm not going to let you go."

I make my way down the steps and into the water. Waiting for Theo to bring Mila in, I grab my phone and take a picture of Mila and Theo, then sit it back on the edge. He starts to walk into the water and Mila freaks out. She wraps her arms around him in a choke hold and clings to his front like a monkey.

"Mila, it's okay. I'm not going to drop you. We're not even going to go in the deep end. We're just going to sit down on the stairs." He coaxes. Theo sits on the bottom step and sets her in his lap.

"See, it's okay. Daddy's got you. Look at Mama, she's okay." I go underwater to prove to Mila that it's fine.

When I surface Mila splashes me. Well, tried to. I'm too far for her to actually get me. I pretend for her sake anyways. "You got Mama! Oh no." I gently splash her back and her giggles echo around the backyard.

We splash and play a little bit more. Mila's starting to warm up to the water when Theo must've been distracted because Mila leans forward in his arms to play in the water and she falls face forward into the water.

Theo instantly pulls her out but the damage is done. The instant she's out of the water she starts to cough. I swim as fast as I can to Mila and I see it coming, that big intake of breath baby's do before they start crying.

I see her face turning red and then she lets it out. She starts to scream and cry bloody murder. I quickly get out of the pool and Theo hands her to me. I wrap her up in a towel and rock her back and fourth. "It's okay. No more swimming. All done. Daddy didn't mean to let go, it was an accident."

I look over to Theo and he looks so upset. "Babe, don't blame yourself. It was an accident. She's okay, just spooked." I say over Mila's screaming. I quickly sit on a pool lounger and pop out my breast. I guide Mila's head towards it and she pushes away. "You want your Nuk?"

I don't get an answer. I take her inside, dripping on the floor, and to my bedroom. I take off my top and bottoms and do the same to Mila. I start the shower and hop in with her. It seems to calm her down. I stroke her back for a little bit and her cries turn into sniffles. "Nu 'ool"

"No more pool. That's right." See seems content with my answer because she snuggles up more to my chest. She puts her thumb in her mouth and sucks contently.

Theo walks into the bathroom and smiles at us through the glass. I can tell he's feeling better now. Accidents happen and there's nothing we can do to prevent them. He grabs his phone and takes a photo of us from my neck up, so nothings showing.

"You want to snuggle with Daddy?" I ask her.

She nods and Theo walks in, leaving his swim trunks on. Mila instantly holds her arms out to him and he takes her. She snuggles up against his chest while I wash her hair and body. I wash myself quickly, then take Mila from him. "We'll be in the bedroom when you're done." I tell Theo.