Rest and Relaxation

Hazel POV:

I watch as Mila runs around the hotel room chasing Theo. She took another nap when we first got here and is now full of energy, laughing, screaming, and ready to play. "I'm gonna get ya! I'm gonna get ya!" Theo teases, pretending to try and grab Mila's leg.

Mila's laughter echoed around the hotel room, the sound high pitched and joyful. "Nu, Dada!" She shrieks when Theo finally manages to snag her leg.

Theo gently pulls her to the ground and rolls so she's sitting on his stomach. "Ahhhh! The Mila monster got me!" Theo groans, pretending to be in pain.

"Miwa 'unster got chu Dada!" Mila laughs, bouncing up and down on his stomach.

Mila and Theo continue this until it's time for dinner. It's a cute sight to watch, Theo missed being a father after our first little girl passed away. I'm amazed by his capability for play and not getting tired of it. He's not only Mila's superhero, he's mine as well.

"Come on, pea. Let's go get you dressed and changed so we can go get some nummies." I say, walking over to take Mila from her Dada.

"Num?" Mila asks, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Yes, we have to change your bum first." I pull out her diaper bag and lay the changing mat down on the couch, placing Mila on top of it.

Our hotel room has two bedrooms. A suite with a king sized bed and attached bathroom, and another bedroom with a queen sized bed. We had them bring up a portable crib for Mila to sleep in, but I have a feeling that she's going to be sleeping in our bed more often than not.

I make quick work of changing Mila's diaper and pick out a outfit. A white onesie with a watermelon on it that has the word 'summer' written on it, and a matching pair of pastel green shorts. Making sure her hairs brushed out, I place a big white bow in her hair.

I know she'll pull it out within twenty minutes, but it's a cute detail.

"You ready, babe?" Theo asks, coming up behind me and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Yeah, let's go." I turn my head and kiss the underside of his jaw, his afternoon stubble tickling my lips.

I pick up Mila as we make our way out of the room. "Nu, Miwa 'alk" Mila says like she's a big girl.

"Okay, but you have to hold Mama and Dada's hand." I concede.

"Otay." I place Mila on the floor between Theo and I. She stretches her little hands towards Theo and I and we each take one. Theo gives me a look and I know what he wants to do. With a nod of my head, Theo and I lift her off the ground by her hands and swing her between us.

Mila let's our huge peels of laughter saying, "Gain! Gain!" We do it all the way to the elevator, and when we get off, all the way to the nice restaurant in the hotel.  I pick Mila up off the ground while Theo talks with the hostess.

"Mama, wook!" Mila points towards a large window that shows the ocean and it's rough waves.

"Yeah, that's the ocean, baby. We'll go there tomorrow. See those big waves?" When Mila nods I continue, "We can't go right now because they'll give us owies." I say trying to explain riptides to a two year old.

I don't want to scare her away from the ocean but I need to explain that they're dangerous at the same time. "Otay, Mama." Mila nods absentmindedly, her eyes fixated on the ocean.

Theo eventually comes back over and explains that there's a twenty minute wait.  There's a couple benches that are open in the lobby of the restaurant, so Theo and I sit there with Mila. "Do you want to sit with Dada?" Theo asks Mila.