Mama's Got The Ick

(Chapter idea inspired by @cherrystyles6 Thank you for your chapter idea! Feel free to leave more in the comments or on my page!)

bvmchloe Tag you're it!

Theo POV:

Hazel groans from beside me in bed and tosses the blanket off her body. She's been feverish for a few days now and the doctor said she has the flu. The most challenging part about Hazel having the flu (besides seeing my wife in pain) is the fact that we're trying to isolate Mila from her.

Mila hasn't been able to nurse for almost three days now. She's been cranky and irritable. Since she lost her iPad privileges for the stunt her and Kai pulled a few days ago, and I can't give it to her to try and keep her calm.

The whole household is basically walking on eggshells. Especially because before Hazel got sick, we both started packing boxes to move. We have a construction crew working on the new house, but they'll be done pretty soon. Their guesstimate is about a month and a half.

They're the best around. Hazel has worked with them before and they put a rush on the project just for her.

I've had to continue to pack while dealing with a crabby baby and a moody teenage son. It's not been good, but I would do it all for Hazel. She deserves to rest in peace without Mila bothering her while she's trying to heal.

"My breasts hurt." Hazel groans, her voice muffled by the pillow her face is currently shoved into.

"You haven't pumped in almost a day, babe. Do you want me to go get it for you?"

"I want to nurse." My wife whines while looking like she's about to cry.

Hazel really enjoys nursing Mila, but she was the one that suggested isolating herself from our baby. Mila sick is not fun at all. She's clingy, whiny, and miserable.

I cuddle into Hazel, pulling her back against my chest for comfort. I'm the only one in the house who currently has their flu shot. I could still get it, but I'm not showing symptoms.

"Shhh. It's okay, babe. I know you want to nurse her, but you have to get better first. You don't want to give Mila the flu." I whisper as I stroke Hazel's sweaty hair away from her face.

She's due to another dose of Tylenol. I'll get up and get it in a second. My wife needs my comfort right now and I'm more than willing to give it.

Hazel sobs softly and turns over in my arms to shove her face in my neck. Her tears wet my bare chest, but I don't mind. I just lay here and give her comfort until I hear Mila crying over the baby monitor.

"Owww." Hazel groans, pulling the strap of her tank top down so she can look at her breasts.

They're actively leaking milk while looking tender and swollen. Mila's crying must've triggered her milk to drop.

"Just bring her in here and I'll wear a mask. Please?" Hazel begs while taking off her shirt to wipe the milk off her breasts with.

I shake my head and stand up to grab Mila. "I'm sorry, babe. I can't. She still needs a flu shot and we can't risk her getting sick."

Hazel continues to cry and I feel myself caving. I'm trying to do what's best for my daughter, while also trying to do what's best with my wife. With a weary sigh, I resign myself to another day of a cranky baby. There's no way I'm letting my daughter around Hazel.

Walking into Mila's nursery, I see her sitting up in her crib while sobbing her little heart out. Her face is red and blotchy with snot under her nose. I rush over to my sobbing baby in lift her up in my arms.