Lost Baby

(Chapter idea inspired by @Amirah025 Thank you for the chapter suggestion!)
Trigger Warning for this chapter: Attempted Assault! Please don't read if you have any triggers!

Hazel POV:

Mila's running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, causing a ruckus. It's nothing new but it's annoying when we're trying to leave the house. She just woke up from a nap and is full of energy.

Mila didn't want to nurse after her nap, so I have to use my portable pump. It's way more convenient and fits perfectly in my bra. The best part, it's silent and discreet. Which means I don't have to be plugged into a wall to be able to pump, I can do it on the go.

"Mila, where did your pants go!?" Theo suddenly shouts from downstairs. It's not an angry yell, more frustrated.

"Miwa dunno, Dada." My girl replies sweetly. I roll my eyes and grab her diaper bag, stuffing several more diapers into it. Our princess decided she wanted to try using the big girl potty today. Which means that we've been cleaning up accidents all day.

We're headed to the mall to buy a potty training toilet. If she wants to try potty training in her headspace, who am I to tell her no?

Theo and I decided to give it a try and we're headed to the mall to grab pull-ups and a training toilet. We also need to look at thicker underwear for more protection. "Mila, let me put your pants on! We need to go." Theo says again.

I sigh and pick the diaper bag up, heading downstairs. Theo has Mila in his lap, trying to get a pair of pink pants on her. She's wiggling around giggling like this is funny. Walking over, I crouch in front of her and say, "Be good and let Daddy put your pants on. Then we can go to the mall. Okay?"

Mila finally stills and nods her head. Theo manages to pull the stretchy leggings up her legs and sets her down on the floor. She runs off towards the foyer and tries to put her shoes on by herself.

Key word: tries.

She puts her shoes on the wrong feet and stand up, waiting for Theo and I by the door. I chuckle and walk over to her, crouching down on the floor to put her shoes back on the right feet. "Now we're ready to go." I announce as I pick Mila up off the floor.

Once she's placed securely in her carseat, I get in the passenger and Theo gets in behind the wheel.

The car ride to the mall goes by pretty quickly. Mila behaves and soon enough, we're pulling up into the packed parking lot. We have a hard time finding a empty space to park, but eventually find a spot at the back of the lot.

"We're here! Now remember, you're wearing big girl panties so you have to tell Mama and Daddy when you have to go potty. Okay?" I ask Mila as I pull her out of the car.

"Otay, Mama!" Mila exclaims happily. Theo pulls her stroller out of the car and unfolds it. I place Mila in and we begin our trek into the mall.

There's people everywhere and the noise level is high. Theo makes sure to keep his arm around one arm my waist while the other pushes the stroller. It's then I realize that I need to take off my pump. I'm empty now and need to pour it into a bottle for Mila to drink.

"Babe, we need to stop somewhere so I can take these pumps off." I tell Theo over the sound of multiple people having conversations.

"There's a nursing station close by. We can go there." He says after looking at the malls map.

He guides me over to a quiet spot a little bit outside the filled food court and opens the door. The sign above the door reads, 'Mom Area.' Inside, there's multiple recliners, rocking chairs, and even a changing table. I've never seen this in an American mall, only in places like China.