Mall

We're in the car on our way to the mall. Hazel tells me she has to pick out a few things for me. I'm sitting in the backseat with my head tilted all the way back so I can see out the window. The car rolls to a stop and the engine shuts off. We must be here.

"Okay Mila. We need you to stay close to us please. We'll carry you for the most part. If you want down just tell us but you have to hold one of our hands." Hazel explains.

"Okay... Mama." I quietly say.

A smile graces Hazel's face and she nods. Theo comes around to my side of the car and picks me up. I wrap my arms around his neck as we make our way into the mall. It's quite busy and I feel myself getting anxious.

Theo must sense my anxiety because he starts to pat my back gently while softly bouncing me. Soon enough, we walk into a store that has lots of baby furniture.

We walk straight into the car seat section where Hazel begins to browse. She looks at several seats before a worker comes up to help us. "Hello, my name is Andrea. Can I assist you with finding anything today?"

"Hi Andrea, we're looking for a rear facing toddler seat. Our little Mila, grew out of hers."

"We have a few options that are comfortable. Why don't you have Mila test out a couple seats?"

Theo brings me to sit in a few seats. Some are too hard and some don't fit me just right. I'm finally placed into a comfy looking car seat. It's pink and grey. It even has cup holders!

"You like this one baby?" Hazel asks.

I just clap my hands in answer. Hazel picks me up and moves towards the strollers. We're in the store for another hour and a half. We leave the store with a new car seat, stroller, baby carrier, and high chair.

Theo pays some people to carry the items to our car so we can continue shopping. Hazel walks into a clothes store that's filled with baby clothes. We spend another hour in there until I start to get antsy.

I want to go home and I'm getting sleepy. I begin to whine a little bit and move restlessly in Theo's arms.

"Do you have the diaper bag?" Theo asks.

"Yeah, do you need something from it?" Hazel replies

"Can you hand me her blanket and a bottle? She's getting tired and won't last much longer in the mall."

"Here. The milk might be a little cold." Hazel hands over a bottle filled with milk and a blanket. Theo lays me down in his arms and rubs the nipple of the bottle across my lips. I take it in my mouth and begin to suck.

The milk tastes a bit off. It's thin and sweet but not that bad. Theo rocks me back and fourth as I drink and begin to feel sleepy. I suckle on the bottle until all I'm pulling in is air. I feel the bottle pulled out of my mouth then, Theo puts me on his shoulder and pats my back a little bit until I let out a little burp.

"She liked your milk! She drank the whole bottle." Theo whisper shouts.

"I hope she'll take it from me soon. I want to bond with her like that." Hazel says.

"It'll be soon. I promise. Let's head to the supply store to stock up on some diapers, bottles, and grab her some pacifiers. I don't like her sucking her thumb. She's letting germs in." Theo whispers to Hazel.

"Here, hand me Mila so you can carry the bags out to the car." I feel my body being moved and let out a little cry.

Hazel takes me in her arms and I lay my head on her shoulder. Hazel pats my butt rhythmically and hums softly in my ear.
"Just drop that stuff in the car, we'll wait right here." Hazel whispers to Theo.

Hazel sits down and rocks us back and fourth. I reach up and put my thumb in my mouth. I'm almost fully asleep when I get assaulted by the smell of stinky, cheap perfume.

"Oh my God! Hazel! I didn't know you had another baby! She looks just like Theo. All that blonde hair!" The overly annoying voice says.

"Yes, she just turned two. Oh look, there's Theo now. We should get going. It was nice seeing you again Macy." Hazel gets up and moves towards Theo.

I hold my arms out to him and he picks me up. "Macy's here. I tried to dismiss her but of course, she's probably following me."

"She can't just leave us in peace. Can she?" Theo sounds annoyed.

"Hi Theo! I didn't know you and Hazel had another baby. She's absolutely precious. Can I hold her?" She asks.

"Dada. Nu! Stinky." I point towards Macy then stick my head back in his neck.

"I'm not sticky little one. Can I hold you precious? Come to Aunty!" She tried tickling my legs but I pull them up so they're tucked against Theo's chest.

"Macy, you're not her Aunt. We're not even friends. The last time we talked you told me it was our fault Bria died. Then you removed Theo and I on social media. Why the f-heck would I let you around my daughter? You're a bitter woman. All because you liked Theo back in high school but Theo didn't like you. Leave my family alone." Hazel grits out.

Macy says nothing. She just huffs and walks away. "Come on, let's finish shopping." Theo says.

We walk into another baby store where Hazel picks out bottles, diapers, wipes, cream, powder, lotion, wipes, baby shampoo, pacifiers, a changing mat, and other various baby items. Finally, we get to go home.

I'm put in my new car seat and strapped in. "You ready to go home?" Hazel asks.

I just nod my head and close my eyes.