Vacation Drama

Hazel POV:

Lifting up the flap of Hazel's baby tent, I see that she's still asleep. Theo and I have taken turns swimming in the ocean to cool off, but we're ready for our baby to wake up. I lower the flap and cuddle into Theo's side. "Did you send your mom those photos?" I ask him.

"Yes, she loved them. Especially the ones with Mila asleep in her tent. She's already posted them on Facebook." He chuckles.

Theo's mom is obsessed with posting pictures of Mila on Facebook. Barb loves to show off her granddaughter to all her friends. I love scrolling through the comments and seeing all the compliments they give my gorgeous girl.

"She needs to wake up soon. I miss holding her." I pout, laying my head down in Theo's lap.

He runs his fingers through my hair and smiles down at me. This is why I married this man, he truly cares about me. Every time he looks in my eyes, I can see how much he loves me. "Mamaaaa." Mila whines from inside her tent.

Sitting up, I open the flap and see my little girl rubbing her eyes. "There's my princess!" I exclaim, pulling her out.

"Hand me a diaper so I can change her really quick." I tell Theo, noticing how much her diapers sagging.

Laying Mila down, I notice little red bumps all over her legs. Taking off her diaper, I notice she has them on her butt and girl parts too. I grab Theo's attention and point to the areas. "Shit." Theo whispers.

I nod my head and clean her up. "Let's head back to the hotel. I'll call my dad and ask what it is." He whispers in my ear.

Theo's dad is a retired doctor. I would rather not take Mila to a foreign hospital, but if I have to I will. After putting a new diaper on Mila, I hold her while Theo packs up all our stuff. Mila is completely calm on my arms, just sitting there with her head on my chest. She's never this calm, somethings wrong.

Theo helps me stand and we make our way back to the hotel. In the elevator Mila starts to get whiny, trying to scratch the spots on her legs. By the time we're in the hotel room, Mila is full on crying. "I'm going to call my dad." Theo announces while I strip Mila of her bathing suit.

"Put him on speakerphone please." I tell him distractingly, trying to calm down Mila.

I hear the phone ringing and Dan answers. "Hey, son! How's the vacation treating you?"

"It was going good until we got Mila to the beach. We played in the sand and water for a little bit then put her down for a nap in her baby tent. When she woke up, her legs, butt, and lady part were covered in red bumps. We have no idea what it is and as you can hear, is uncomfortable for Mila. Can you take a look at it?" Theo asks.

"Sure, go ahead and FaceTime me." Dan replies.

Theo FaceTimes Dan and brings the phone over to where I'm sitting on the couch, holding a naked Mila. "Did she get fully submerged in the water?" Dan asks.

"No, she just sat in it." I tell Dan, getting my breast out to offer it to Mila.

She latches on but keeps crying, trying to scratch her bum. I grab ahold of her arms so she can't and gently rock her. "It looks like swimmers itch. It's an allergic reaction to certain microscopic parasites in water, especially ocean water. I suggest buying some anti-itch cream and getting her in the bath." Dan says sympathetically.

So Mila's allergic to the ocean water. That's just great. "How long will it take to go away?" Theo asks.

"Five days to a week as long as she doesn't scratch the bumps."